“Very family friendly option!!!!”
Review of Blue House

Blue House
Ranked #10 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My five year old son and I just got back form Iceland. We stayed at Blue House for one night. This place was the best!!!!! Zeno and Jenni took such great care of us for the night we stayed there. The room was the most comfortable bed we slept in for the entire trip and it is very clear that they have put their heart and soul into making this place the wonderful place it is. They have attended to every possible detail to make this place special. I loved that we were so close to downtown, but in the quiet peaceful neighborhood that Blue House offered. I feel like Jenni and Zeno took the time to get to know us and make our stay comfortable. They were very kid friendly and we felt so welcome at Blue House.The breakfast was tasty and plentiful. My son loved the trampoline in the yard also! The house was clean and modern, and felt like home away from home. Zeno also is taking the time to send my son's shoes back in the mail to the USA, very nice gesture. Zeno gave me some very good suggestions for a day trip and took out the map to help me map it out!!!! They have earned all the excellent reviews, when we we come back to Iceland, we will stay here for sure!!!!! I rarely write reviews, but they deserve for people to know how great this place is. I didn't mention also that the rate is excellent. Thanks Zeno and Jenni, you have a very special place!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kumabear

Reviewed 10 June 2012

After 2011 I was lucky enough to come back to Iceland this May.
After my experiences I tried to book the same accommodations that I loved in the last year.
One of them was the Blue House.
The host couple remembered me and give me a warm welcome.
I must say they renovated the house all over again and it looks even more welcoming and warm.
All rooms look more luxurious now and have more amenties like a flatscreen with apple tv.
This year i got the new single room they offer and it was big enough for myself.
Outside the have next to the trampolin two houses where Jenny has over 12 rabbits.

I very recommend to do a long walk around the seltjarnarnes peninsula with the lighthouse where you can do birdwatching.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea-Boston1984
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have no hesitation in recommending the Blue House for anyone who wants a base in Reykjavik. Excellent quiet location, thoughtful accommodation and provision for guests, and the kindest, most welcoming hosts imaginable. Zeno and Jenni go out of their way to make their guests feel valued. As well as brilliant tips about what to do and where to go, their insights about Iceland and Icelanders (as well as many other things) made conversation with them a real pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 18 May 2012

It was a very nice place to stay at and the owners were extremely helpful. Zeno has travelled extensively throughout Iceland and was able to sit down with me and mark the best placed to stop at in a map! I left my phone charger there, and Jenny was kind enough to bring it to me at the hostel I was staying at in downtown Reykjavik (10mins by car, an hour on foot).

I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kraze7448
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Zeno and Jenni were the most amazing hosts. They looked after us perfectly from the moment we arrived right up untill the second we left. Zeno's private tours were just amazing and a real highlight for us, and considering the costs of the big bus tours really good value too! The secret Hot Pot he took us to on the golden circle tour was incredible.
Their advice on where to eat was also spot on and I can really recommend eating at the Sea Baron (amazing Fish kebabs!) and also at the Red House at the end of the Golden Circle tour where the food was just awesome!
The location of the Blue House is just perfect to because we saw the Northern Lights from just outside the house as it is away from the main lights of Rejkavik, i would also recommend going down to the golf course to see the lights as there are even less lights there. It's also really easy to get town on the bus number 11 and takes only 10 mins to get to the centre of Reykavik.
I've stayed at many guest houses and B&B's all around the world and would put the Blue House right up there with the very best of them.
THANK YOU SO MUCH ZENO & JENNI!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank JamesMorrow78
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights before getting married and our stay was relaxing and enjoyable.The area is lovely (lots of nice little walks) and the city centre was accessable within 5 minutes in our rental car. It just felt like staying at a friend's house; the bed was comfy, the bathroom was well stocked and we also got plenty of helpful advice for the rest of our stay. I think it's the furthest your Krona will take you in Iceland. Definitely reccommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charlie_hobbes
Reviewed 13 November 2011

5 of us stayed at the Blue House in October for 4 nights & had an amazing time. From the moment we got there, we were warmly welcomed & felt straight at home. The Rooms are comfortable, the Bathrooms are equipped with everything you might need (shamp, conditioner, hairdryer), the Kitchen is stoked with breakfast cereal, & Zeno & Jenny are just lovely people who go out of their way to ensure your stay in Iceland is memorable & jam packed with all the Icelandic experiences as possible. We only wished we stayed for longer!!! Thank-you Blue House for a perfect stay, We highly recommend you stay at the Blue House if you are ever lucky enough to visit Iceland - a truly stunning & unique place :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends