“Golden Circle Bike tour with 7 yr old. Fantastic!”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We arrived from Australia and did the tour of the golden circle with Stefan. My daughter became a bit nervous trying out her bike in Reykjavik where large trucks passed by, so instead Stefan organised a bike carriage to attached to my bike, which was great. He was very patient with my daughter, who is a little bit naughty, and told a wonderful Icelandic folk tale on the trip back about "Boocotler", which had her transfixed. I felt like I was being driven around Iceland by a wonderful knowledgable friend.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 10 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 9 reviews
in 8 reviews
"tours"
in 69 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had only a daylong layover in Iceland and am so glad I scheduled in a bike tour! It was a great way to see the city in a limited amount of time, Ursula even recommended to me a fantastic hostel to stay in (KEX, if you're wondering) and when I got to the tour my bike had my name on it! That was possibly because I shared the same name with their daughter but it was coincidentally a nice added feature to my experience. My guide was John, and he took us around the city, explained the history behind the architecture and the island and recommended what Icelandic treats to try. Though, personally I wasn't a huge fan of all the licorish flavored candies at the supermarket the Skyr was really good! I booked my tour the day before from Paris and through Skype and email, everyone was quick to answer all my questions. I felt like I got to see a lot of Reykjavik and it's people and certainly hope I can come back one day for a longer stay. Iceland is calling!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My friend and I saw the bikes in the harbour one afternoon. We thought taking a bike tour would be a great way to fill out some time and see a bit more of Reykjavik. We signed up for the Coast of Reykjavik the same night.

The coast tour turned out to be great! A bit of cycling around the parts of Reykjavik we had not seen by walking (we had been walking quite a bit the previous days). In addition, our guide Stefan was absolutely great. A very knowledgeable, highly educated and experienced guide! You will like him!

As my friend and I had planned to do one of the "Golden circle" tours, we signed up for Reykjavik Bike Tours tours for the "Golden circle" directly after the coastal tour. This also turned out to be a great choice. We went with a smaller van (with bikes loaded in a trailer) and did the golden circle, including two nice cycling stretches, one in the beginning of the journey and one at the end in a nature reserve. In addition we had the chance to see the waterfall and geysers which all "golden circle" trips does, but in a smaller group with a great guide.

I would really recommend the coastal tour for anyone visiting Reykjavik. For anyone who wants to visit the "Golden circle", I can really recommend doing it with the Reykjavik Bike Tours.

In terms of cycling difficulty I would rate the longer "Golden circle" bike tour as easy and the shorter "Coast of Reykjavik" tour as easy-intermediate.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I can't think of a better way to see Reykjavik and the surrounding area. And I can't think of two better people to do it with. Stefan and Ursula are such lovely people and truly awesome guides. Relaxed, safe, knowledgeable and above all fun.
Thank you both for two incredible tours. HIGHLY recommended :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I've rented from this company a mountain bike for 8 days for a bike trip in the South-West of Iceland. It was my first experience of this kind so I was a bit worried. The bike however proved to be solid and reliable, wheather I was cycling on the main roads or on bumpy and steep mountain roads. No damages of any kind, no worries. I could fit the impossible inside the bags they gave me, the prices were fair compared to icelandic standards and people were nice. All this was key for having an unforgettable journey, one of the best experiences I've had in my life and one I would certainly repeat. If you are planning a trip like this or if you are looking for organized tours of Reykjavik and its surroundings, Reykjavik Bike Tours is your company. Thank you guys! Five stars without hesitation!