“Comfy chairs!”

Ranked #7 of 28 Dessert in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Stofan Cafe (The Livingroom Cafe) is located in the heart of Reykjavik, in one of the city's oldest houses, built in 1842. Stofan Cafe offers quality coffee from India, E.Africa and Latin America. Also, the best alvailable local beers plus wine along with selection of spirits. Come enjoy one of our comfy sofa with good music and a candlelight
Reviewed 25 July 2012

No! Not the comfy chair! Yes! Proper sofas and a very homely feel to this place opposite my hotel. It's small, free wifi and fabulous coffee. It's a characterful place.
Recommended.

1  Thank Davescunningplan

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a super place to sit down, relax, have a beer or coffee. The place is right in the middle of city centre. Can highly recommend this place

1  Thank kaistorgaard
Reviewed 1 July 2012

During our week stay in Reykjavik we found this an easy place to spend time and enjoy a beer or two during their happy hour (5pm to 8pm). The stout was great, the atmosphere relaxed, the location central and seating comfortable. Coffee and snacks are also served throughout the day and there's free wi fi too.

2  Thank Time Traveller S
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This became our group meet-up spot, to discuss what everyone had done and grab a pint or tea before we set out for dinner...and also our nightcap on occasion.
Happy hour: can't go wrong

2  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This place was directly across from my hotel in Reykjavik and I'm glad I stopped in as it became my hangout for the six days I stayed there. The staff was friendly (and always ever-changing, I didn't think I saw the same person twice) and the beers were tasty and affordable due to happy hour, and the atomosphere was comfortable with the couches and comfy chairs and the young and young at heart patrons. The music selection also set the vibe for a pleasant place to be. A definite must for a stay of a few minutes or a few hours!

1  Thank JULESVEGAS