“Brilliant coffee”

Ranked #12 of 32 Dessert in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Stofan Cafe (The Livingroom Cafe) is located in the heart of Reykjavik, in one of the city's oldest houses, built in 1842. Stofan Cafe offers quality coffee from India, E.Africa and Latin America. Also, the best alvailable local beers plus wine along with selection of spirits. Come enjoy one of our comfy sofa with good music and a candlelight
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We are here at the moment before going to dinner at Tapas Barinn. Really cosy and comfortable sofa's. I could sit here for hours with a good book. It definitely makes you feel like you are on holiday, it's like something out of a film on a cold winters day. Best coffee I have had since being in Iceland. Red wine not so good, avoid the Chianti, it tastes like water. Good selection of bottled beers.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was one of my favorite places in Iceland. Our hotel was right across the street and this was a perfect place to relax. I am in love with the furniture and vibe of the place. My soy latte was wonderful as well. The people working were always nice and helpful, also beer and liquor (which is always a plus). Anyway, I just got back from our trip here so this is fresh in my mind and I know I will definitely be missing this place in my daily routine.

2  Thank jallisonhill
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stopped here for a coffee and a cake after a full morning of walking. The cafe is very comfortable with lovely coffee and cakes, very nice atmosphere and is clearly quite a busy hang-out. Lots of choices for drinks.

3  Thank AccraJa_mes82
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Simply one of the best places to have a coffee (and if you want a fantastic chocolate cake as well).
Relaxed atmosphere, nice people everywhere, nobody bothers when you're sitting around and use the WiFi.
The soup smelled delicious, too.
And it's just opposite Kraum (design store) so that you can easily relax after spending money there.

1  Thank glaesmann
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great little place to chill out with a coffee or hot chocolate and their delicious chocolate cake after a morning exploring the city.None of the furniture matches but that just adds to the character of the place,free wi-fi aswell.

1  Thank chugger_10