“Great ride - I did the tolt”

Islenski Hesturinn, The Icelandic Horse - Riding Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The horse rental in Reykjavík, Iceland. Small family firm with personal service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very nice place to ride horses. Owners are friendly, happy to have you there. Horses are well taken care of. If you can ride they give you a great horse with lots of pep. Boots, coat, gloves, helmut all provided.

I would go back for more if I ever come back to Iceland.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"explained everything"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went on a afternoon tour with my mum. I have been riding a lot but my mum haven't at all. She was a bit nervous but the guide Inga was very nice and instructed her before and during the tour. So she felt very safe and we had a lot of fun. We rode through beautiful lava fields and the small Icelandic forest. The horses where so kind and fun to ride! Also we got to borough shoes and helmets and Inga drove us back and forth to Reykjavik.
So super friendly horses, great service and guiding in a beautiful landscape just outside of Reykjavik!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The horses are great, the people are great and the landscape was brilliant!!! Couldn't imagine a better way to spend my layover in Iceland. Got picked up at my hotel in the morning, learned about the horses then went for a ride and got dropped back off at the bus terminal in time for the Reykjavik Excursions bus back to the airport!! I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Iceland.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Owner and guides provided a pre riding orientation which was excellent. Strong focus on safety and understanding Icelandic horses. Guides were able to accommodate to all riding skill levels and also explained the flora and geology along the way. Icelandic horses, in addition to being smaller, are friendlier than other horses and have a gait similar to cantoring, that is smoother than other types of horses. We also rode through beautiful areas that would not be accessible by vehicle. I would highly recommend this activity. It was one of the high points of our trip.

1  Thank Joel S
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Inga picked us up at the hotel as planned. Drived us up to the stable, where Begga met us. Had a good introduction and introduced us to the horses. We were a group of 7, where 5 of us had never been riding before. Inga took us riding in a beautiful lawa-area, told us storys and were very profesional and very helpful :-) she even took pictures of us all the time. The ones who never had been riding before had a very safe and satisfying experience :-) i will deginitly come back for a longer tour! All the staff was very Nice and the horses where exelent! Happy happy happy!:-)

1  Thank Rønnaug L