“Dead Center - Where you Want to Be”

Hotel Borg by Keahotels
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just spent the New Year holiday in Reykjavik and spent four nights at the Hotel Borg. The location could not be better, you are EXACTLY where you want to be. Aside from that, the staff is considerate and helpful. They made calls for me, gave directions, suggested itineraries - all what you would expect from any good hotel. But again, you are buying the location - simply said, it is perfect. If you can get a deal (I did), stay here!!

Room Tip: The corner room (#316) is perfect
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Havasupai

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have tried a few hotels in Reykjavik now and I still like this one the most. Location. Charm. Good food. Kindly staff. It just feels classy and solid to me. The breakfast is great and the restaurant is cool and has some really interesting food.
The last time I was there I got sick and the staff were very helpful and kind.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the square are noisier on weekend nights, but I like the vista. Last time I s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

First of all, the place it pricey. Not just pricey, but pricey even for Reykjavik. One bag of laundry set us back more than I'd've chosen to pay. And the service was not just cold, it was downright unfriendly.

The room/suite was very good. Great bed and shower, plenty of room - fantastic location.

But to be perfectly honest, a smile at the front desk goes further than you think, it really does.

I would consider staying here again, but I would look at other options first.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrCMiller
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Borg, and I just LOVED it. First, a fantastic location -- in the center of town, across from a lovely little square, right near good restaurants and shopping. Second, a truly lovely, accommodating staff. For example, we got there early (8am) and had breakfast and were exhausted. Our room was not ready yet, so they gave us a TEMPORARY room in which we could rest! I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that. We got to sleep for 3 hours, which helped make the whole day better, and wash up. Another example: we hadn't made any NYE dinner reservations, and Magnus at the front desk could not find any openings for us. He recommended room service, but they were not serving that night. After not finding any restaurant openings, he arranged for room service and brought it up to us himself. Expensive, but WELL worth it -- a delicious meal, and on NYE (and no other options!). Finn at the front desk also printed out our boarding pass and brought it up to our room. They just go the extra mile. Finally, the room (# 512) was LOVELY! A good size, with desk and chair, two arm chairs, a large double bed, and big, nice bathroom. Very clean. If I had to make one complaint (which I am loathe to do!), it would be that I didn't love the thin mattress on the beds, but I think that is standard in Iceland. Our room overlooked the square and because we were on the top floor, it had adorable eaves. Even the temporary room they gave us (#103) was great -- big and very comfortable (but probably not great for a full stay because it was on the ground floor looking out onto the square). Overall, I cannot recommend this place enough! Great!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NellaDawn
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was fortunate to book this during an Expedia sale as their normal rates are way above what I usually pay. The room was in excellent condition with all the amenities you’d expect; safe, minibar, iron etc.

I had breakfast here a few times as there were very few, if any, cafes open early enough before you’re picked up for a day tour, most of them starting at 8:30.

Service was fast and friendly at all times. My only complaint is that the wifi was very unreliable, causing problems if you rely on it for trip bookings and confirmations. Luckily the Café Paris across the road has free wifi too

Overall, if the price is right I’d definitely stay again.

Another note, if your trip is booked with Iceland Excursions/Grayline it seems most of their trips depart on large buses from the main station, which is just around the corner. They will transfer you in a minibus but it’s far quicker to walk the 200m.

There’s also an ATM next to the Café Paris.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bergkamp9999
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Borg and had a lovely suite of the 5/6th floor.
Right in the heart of the action this one and never too far to walk to anywhere.
They arranged sveral tours for us and we were well looked after. They don't accommodate for the british tourist however in the food stakes and breakfast was disappointing. Never any scrambled egg and the bacon was cold. Had to stick with toast and cereal. They also ran out of OJ by 9am one morning. For a 5 star hotel they rerally should have been able to coock you an Omelette. That would have made it complete for me. The staff were amazing and we would dfinately stay here again. The only other down side was the size of the quilts, too warm and designed for a 5 foot man I reckon but we adapted.

Room Tip: A suite facing the square on a top floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 16 December 2013

... internet!

Friendly staff, cool cafe, central location and nice breakfast and restaurant. But if you depend on the internet, as a business traveler. Don't go - it´s to unreliable and does not work 100%.

We had 6 computers, tablets. smartphones etc. with us - different operating systems - none worked 100% on the network at the hotel. All the cafe´s around us did work, but´s it no good if you want to work from the hotel room, or need a fast connection.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business