1,258 results
All reviews gallery restaurant art collection junior suite quiet street scrambled eggs and bacon residential neighborhood charming hotel public areas bit dated minute walk quiet at night breakfast room the main shopping area within easy walking distance reception staff northern lights blue lagoon
Reviewed 4 November 2014

If you like something a bit different this is the hotel for you. The hotel is full of quite quirky art, I loved the Hippos &Rhinos Sculpture... Service was very good, room clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite as our 'double room' had single beds and we had asked for a double. Breakfast is buffet style with a reasonable but not vast selection, after three days we would have appreciated some variety in the offer. Excellent and popular restaurant on site but we didn't try it as no food options for vegetarians, in fact the bar only had olives and nuts on offer for vegetarians but we are used to this! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

The service here is impeccable. The website with the live chat functionality ensured that the responsive and attentive staff guided me on what the weather would be like, how much money I would need whilst also providing assurances regarding the excursions I had pre-booked.

Further to this they suggested a local company to book transfers with and also arranged several hotel pick ups.

The breakfast was a bit 'meh' and the decoration isn't my cup of tea, however when the President Of Iceland is seen dining in the Hotel, you know you are onto a good thing.

All in, this is a centrally located Hotel within walking distance to most things.

Wrap up warm and enjoy Iceland

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamtona7
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Love this place. This is our 2nd stay at Holt with the first bring in 2011. The decor is classic, vintage Icelandic with some good history to it. The rooms are very clean and the staff have been very accommodating with each of our visits. The breakfasts on-site at the hotel are excellent, with a variety of cheeses, fish, pastries, cereals and the coffee was superb.

For me, Hotel Holt is THE place to stay and we would not consider another.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2014

I was unsure about the location of the hotel, since it looked a little further out of the main center of town, but it was not. It was a short walk to bars, restaurants and shops. I really liked that it was on a quiet street away from the hubbub. The area is safe, homey and comfortable. My last trip to Reykjavik I stayed at the Hilton, which required a shuttle bus from the city center. They allowed me to check in early (9am), which was very welcomed after an overnight flight. They even let me have breakfast for free. I took a short nap, during which cleaning people repeatedly tried to open the door. The room had already been cleaned! I didn't love that the key was a big bulky metal thing. Harder to lose, but less comfortable to carry around. I found the room to be a little run down. The carpet wasn't in the greatest shape, and the bathroom towels were quite scratchy. I was in a single room, so it was tiny even by European standards. The bed was just the frame, which pushed out from the wall a few times. The lobby is gorgeous, and comfortable. I thought the breakfast offerings were great. Cheese, meats, high quality baguette and endless coffee. I felt for the price the rooms should not have been as run down. Maybe they need to consider new bedding, lamps etc. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, found the staff very nice and helpful, just know it's not perfect.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor, facing the street. Didn't hear anything except for the tour buses to pick up tourists in the morning. If you're a light sleeper ask to be higher up.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SarahDanni
Reviewed 23 October 2014

Behind the Holt's nondescript facade in a residential neighborhood one finds a dark-paneled lobby and other common areas whose walls are lined with art. I didn't realize we had a junior suite until I checked in. It was roomy and had a hard-to-find-these-days large bathtub, as well as a stall shower. The mattress and pillow were quite comfortable, and the lighting was adequate. The staff was outstanding. In Reception Sigrun was especially helpful to me in providing advice, directions and tour booking. The Gallery restaurant offered excellent food, matched by an excellent wait staff. The breakfast buffet food was generally tasty (as was the bar food), but the selection was limited, and the sweet rolls were disappointing. My wife thought the hotel's location was a bit out of the mainstream, but I found it an easy walk to the city center. I'm not sure the Holt's rates are a great value, but our stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: For travelers who use bathtubs, this hotel has them, though I don't know whether they are available in all rooms. I suggest checking with the hotel directly to find out.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple