“Good food, reasonable price for Iceland”
Review of Restaurant 73

Restaurant 73
Ranked #56 of 521 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small family owned and operated restaurant known for its fresh fish, juicy steaks, big burgers and fresh salads. Also even though this is not a bar this restaurant carries one of Iceland's biggest selection of local beer on bottle and draft to accompany your meal.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Good for tasting some Icelandic fish. Nice atmosphere. Staff attentive. Nice and warm. Toilets very clean.

Addi80, Owner at Restaurant 73, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2015

Thank you, we clean the place ourselves ;-)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It was our last night in town and it was raining (again!) and we had no dinner plans. So we walked for a while and checked menus and wound up here.
My wife had the cod which was perfectly done and a nice portion of veges which are often lacking in Iceland. I had lamb which I probably had each of our 11 previous days in Iceland. was and my lamb was as good as any, and often more expensive restaurant in Iceland. The lamb was kind of a sirloin/top round cut instead of the ubiquitous loin of lamb. It came with a sauce that I didn't even use because it had such good flavor.

1  Thank jeffkoppel8

Pleasant review ;-)
We Icelanders are very proud of our lamb

Reviewed 13 June 2014

While our 6 days stay in Rejkjavik we went there 3 or 4 times. The atmosphere is very nice, the stuff is vert helpful and polite. They offer some very tasty local fish and meat (we had both of them, it was very tasty, definitely must try), some burgers and wonderful Icelandic pancakes. The variety of beer is enormous:) really cool place, definitely should come there once again.

Addi80, Owner at Restaurant 73, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2015

Thanks for the kind review :-)
We do try to stock all the Icelandic beers on available on bottle and are very proud of our selection!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately woman mentioned earlier posts didn't got us in with baby rollers. Told that there is no space so we should leave rollers outside.. Baby was sleeping and there were 4 people inside eating. We decided to change place. Better luck for others!

Addi80, Owner at Restaurant 73, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

You said it.
There isn't space to put strollers in here. Small room in an old house :-)
The funny thing about physics is that the room does not seem to grow at all no matter how mad you are about this ;-)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place was bang opposite my hotel on a busy shopping street so I gave it a go on my first night (of three) in Reykjavik.

It has a varied menu and I went for one of the gourmet burgers on offer. It was really tasty and well cooked. The sizes are described in the menu as "tiny" and "epic" but the "tiny" (which I had) was far from tiny and was in fact a decent size.

I was impressed with the excellent beer selection as well. Service generally was good.

Addi80, Owner at Restaurant 73, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014