“Great trip to the Glacier”
Review of Arctic Adventures

Arctic Adventures
Book In Advance
US$236.17*
and up
Day Trip from Reykjavik: Small Group Glacier Hiking & Ice Climbing Adventure on...
US$188.22*
Small-Group Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik in a Super Jeep
US$234.97*
Day Trip from Reykjavik Small Group Silfra Snorkeling and Lava Caving Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company. We are a bunch of outdoor and adventure fanatics committed to the mission of mixing business and adventure! With an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips, we want to offer the best for our customers to experience in the unique Icelandic nature. We provide tours ranging from exciting River Rafting and Snorkeling in one of the world's clearest waters to Glacier hiking and trekking in some of the most beautiful sceneries Iceland has to offer. Additionally a wide range of other activities is offered to adventurous travelers. Our main office is located in Reykjavik and our two base camps are located close to Geysir and Gullfoss (western Iceland) and in Skaftafell (southeastern Iceland). Go home with a story worth telling!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great experience. The guides made glacier come alive. Drive about 2hrs but well worth it. We spent over 3hrs exploring ended by top rope front point ice climb that was great fun. Melting ice, formations a moment in nature. Suggest renting boots if not have stiff ones, but really only needed for climb. Water pants not needed unless raining. Blue Ice!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I used the agency for the Þórsmörk Volcano Hike, the Hekla Volcano hike, blue ice climbing tour, Glacier Cruiser, and the snorkeling tour of Silfra Fissure in Þingvellir National Park. They gave a bit of a discount, i think since i booked three + tours with them. Every tour was excellent, although the blue ice climbing was a bit of a let down because it was super easy.

All of the guides where excellent, always on time, friendly and accommodating, the food was so, so

I don't think you can go wrong with this outfit.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We did the Solheimajokull Glacier Walk and Ice Climb.

Valdi and Steve gave us a great tour. There were only 11 of us on this small tour which was a perfect size. We were picked up at our rental apartment just as the others were on this tour. Also dropped off several hours later at our apartment.

We did a few tours and this was the best of the bunch, not only were our guides very nice but also very knowledgable of the area and loved to get questions from us. Valdi is also a big fan of bad jokes so make sure you have a couple of bad jokes ready to share.

We spent a couple of hours on the glacier which took about 2 hours to get there but well worth the drive. The ice wall climb was only about 30 feet but a very cool experience and a must do. This was my first ice wall climb and had no hesitation.

If you don't have sturdy hiking boots you can rent them there, all other gear is supplied free of charge.

I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a wonderful experience! Our guides on the Ice climbing tour were thorough, patient and insightful. I learned more than I anticipated about glaciers, and the active volcanos that we saw on our drive to the destination. I loved the calmness that I found while on the glacier. We all walked single file and kept quiet to listen to the guides and the ice. Moving too quickly or out of line could send you sliding down or through the ice; such an adventure!

The ice caves were breathtaking, and awe inspiring. I do wish the ice climbing had been a bit more challenging, but I've been rock climbing since I was a little girl. Our guides recommended that I return for a more advanced expedition, should I find myself in the area again (which I surely will!) That being said, the others in our tour group seemed amply challenged.

Before our experience on the glacier, the owner Geiri met us for a delicious lunch in Reykjavik and drew us a map routing us through all the most picturesque parts of the country. His giving and down to earth energy was reflected throughout his company, and for that matter, throughout the country! It was the highlight of our trip to Iceland and I highly recommend everyone who's visiting this amazing country consider an arctic adventure of their own!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went to Iceland with a group of friends for an event but decided to stay a few days longer than everyone else and booked the Blue Ice tour for one of the days. It goes to Sólheimajökull glacier and Skógafoss waterfall on return.
I went into the sales office on Laugavegur in Reykjavik and they helped me book the tour. It was fairly simple and they gave me my receipt which was my ride and ticket and some information. I didn't really pay attention to the pamphlet they gave me.
I have to say I was very unprepared for the tour and didn't really know what to expect. I showed up in Adidas tennis shoes and a pull over hoodie. I had my backpack but it was full of my camera gear. I was the first one to be picked up (from my hotel which was nice, but for an extra fee but they drive you all the way to the glacier which is pretty far)
The guides were very nice and fun to chat with. As we picked up more people I realized that they were all wearing thick coats and hiking boots. I was starting to worry.
We drive a ways and we make a pit stop in a convenient store and we're off. When we get to the middle of nowhere we end up blowing a tire in the van! The guide had it changed within 15-20 mins. I have to say I had bad luck with that though. I've been in three vehicles that blew tires on road trips just that year! Despite the little hiccup, the guide handled it very quickly and calmly.
I wait until we get to the glacier to tell my guides that I was unprepared. They didn't seem to thrilled but one offered me her spare raincoat which came in handy. And the other just said we'd work with what I had. We just strapped my cramp ons to my sneakers.
It was a great hike. Beautiful and stunning. We did an ice climb on a ice wall. It was making me nervous at first with my Adidas but not to toot my own horn but I didn't do too bad in my sneakers!
I drank some of the collected glacier water. It was some of the best I've ever tasted.
After the hike, we drove to Skógafoss waterfall where they provided lunch! Tasty sandwiches.
Overall it was a great experience. I'm glad I went and didn't let my unpreparedness get in the way!