“Awesome time rafting”

US$101.09*
and up
Small Group Lava Caving Experience From Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company. We are a bunch of outdoor and adventure fanatics committed to the mission of mixing business and adventure! With an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips, we want to offer the best for our customers to experience in the unique Icelandic nature. We provide tours ranging from exciting River Rafting and Snorkeling in one of the world's clearest waters to Glacier hiking and trekking in some of the most beautiful sceneries Iceland has to offer. Additionally a wide range of other activities is offered to adventurous travelers. Our main office is located in Reykjavik and our two base camps are located close to Geysir and Gullfoss (western Iceland) and in Skaftafell (southeastern Iceland). Go home with a story worth telling!
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome time rafting”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I and our two sons ages 11 and 14 chose this excursion trip after looking into many options and we were so glad we did! We booked this through Eskimos Iceland tour company which was very easy. Our guide Billy picked us up right on time at our apartment/hotel in Reykjavik. He was friendly and lots of fun from beginning to end! We arrived at the base camp where we were given very clear instructions to get into our equipment. We had a super fun bus ride to the river with all the guides and other participants. They clearly love what they are doing and got us all pumped up with fun music on the way! Our family had never rafted and the instructions and practice were perfect and not too long ;) The river was a blast, times of exhilaration and times of calm. The glacier water amazing, the views stunning. We had lots of water fun with the other boats. Then there was the cliff diving...wow! My kids will never forget this experience, so awesome they went twice! All this fun and no worries about safety. These folks are top notch and safety comes first with all they do. When we returned....hot showers, sauna, and lunch spread. Thanks for the great memories Billy and Arctic Adventures!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Framin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great trip to the Glacier”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Great experience. The guides made glacier come alive. Drive about 2hrs but well worth it. We spent over 3hrs exploring ended by top rope front point ice climb that was great fun. Melting ice, formations a moment in nature. Suggest renting boots if not have stiff ones, but really only needed for climb. Water pants not needed unless raining. Blue Ice!

Orange Park, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Arctic Adventures”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I used the agency for the Þórsmörk Volcano Hike, the Hekla Volcano hike, blue ice climbing tour, Glacier Cruiser, and the snorkeling tour of Silfra Fissure in Þingvellir National Park. They gave a bit of a discount, i think since i booked three + tours with them. Every tour was excellent, although the blue ice climbing was a bit of a let down because it was super easy.

All of the guides where excellent, always on time, friendly and accommodating, the food was so, so

I don't think you can go wrong with this outfit.

Visited September 2013
Caledon, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best tour we did while in Iceland”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We did the Solheimajokull Glacier Walk and Ice Climb.

Valdi and Steve gave us a great tour. There were only 11 of us on this small tour which was a perfect size. We were picked up at our rental apartment just as the others were on this tour. Also dropped off several hours later at our apartment.

We did a few tours and this was the best of the bunch, not only were our guides very nice but also very knowledgable of the area and loved to get questions from us. Valdi is also a big fan of bad jokes so make sure you have a couple of bad jokes ready to share.

We spent a couple of hours on the glacier which took about 2 hours to get there but well worth the drive. The ice wall climb was only about 30 feet but a very cool experience and a must do. This was my first ice wall climb and had no hesitation.

If you don't have sturdy hiking boots you can rent them there, all other gear is supplied free of charge.

I highly recommend this tour.

Salinas, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love these guys”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a wonderful experience! Our guides on the Ice climbing tour were thorough, patient and insightful. I learned more than I anticipated about glaciers, and the active volcanos that we saw on our drive to the destination. I loved the calmness that I found while on the glacier. We all walked single file and kept quiet to listen to the guides and the ice. Moving too quickly or out of line could send you sliding down or through the ice; such an adventure!

The ice caves were breathtaking, and awe inspiring. I do wish the ice climbing had been a bit more challenging, but I've been rock climbing since I was a little girl. Our guides recommended that I return for a more advanced expedition, should I find myself in the area again (which I surely will!) That being said, the others in our tour group seemed amply challenged.

Before our experience on the glacier, the owner Geiri met us for a delicious lunch in Reykjavik and drew us a map routing us through all the most picturesque parts of the country. His giving and down to earth energy was reflected throughout his company, and for that matter, throughout the country! It was the highlight of our trip to Iceland and I highly recommend everyone who's visiting this amazing country consider an arctic adventure of their own!

Visited March 2014