“Excellent Rafting Tour of Hvítá”
Review of Arctic Adventures

South Shore Adventure Day Trip from Reykjavik
US$107.94*
Small Group Lava Caving Experience From Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company. We are a bunch of outdoor and adventure fanatics committed to the mission of mixing business and adventure! With an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips, we want to offer the best for our customers to experience in the unique Icelandic nature. We provide tours ranging from exciting River Rafting and Snorkeling in one of the world's clearest waters to Glacier hiking and trekking in some of the most beautiful sceneries Iceland has to offer. Additionally a wide range of other activities is offered to adventurous travelers. Our main office is located in Reykjavik and our two base camps are located close to Geysir and Gullfoss (western Iceland) and in Skaftafell (southeastern Iceland). Go home with a story worth telling!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent the afternoon rafting on Hvítá - had an absolute blast! The river started out with some pretty intense waves and rapids which got our adrenalin pumping straight away, though they weren't rough enough to throw any of us out of the boat thank goodness!

Rafted through stunning canyons and glacial water and had the option to jump from a cliff into the river. It was fairly cold so I chickened out, but those who did the jump made it look like incredible fun! Needless to say the scenery was incredible.

Even though it was incredibly cold out, the gear and equipment we were given was fantastic and kept us warm. Between fleeces, river shoes, pants, wet suits, jackets and life jackets, even those who jumped into the river were fine.

A bit too cold for my GoPro which fogged up pretty quickly (I stupidly opened the seal to wipe some dirt off and it iced up straight away), so I guess I'll just have to remember the amazing trip we had!

Guides were great - spoke fluent English and had a great sense of humor. Really personable and relatable. We had a tonne of fun in the water during calmer periods of the river and played various games which included splashing the other boat as much as we could!! Safety came first and foremost, but they achieve a really great balance of keeping us safe and allowing us to have fun at the same time.

After a great day on the river, we got back to the lodge (basecamp) to a hot tub, a sauna and an amazing BBQ dinner. Best steak I've ever eaten and amazing baked potatoes! Just what the doctor ordered after a huge day on a glacial river!

I was picked up and dropped off at my hotel in Reykjavik. Great service and a great day. Thanks guys!

3  Thank Meg J
There are newer reviews for Arctic Adventures

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I took the Black and Blue Tour, lava tube caving then snorkeling. I opted to be picked up at the Greyline bus station, but they can pick you up at your hotel if you choose. It was a bit of a drive to get out to Þingvellir if it wasn't raining I'm sure the views would have been fantastic. Arctic Adventures provides a helmet and light for the caving portion. The batteries in the one they provided me were dead so I used my own. I would recommend bringing your own light as well in case the same thing happens to you, although I think it was just a beginning of the season hiccup not negligence on their part. The cave was great. A lot of loose rocks so there was a lot of scrambling. If you have bad knees I wouldn't recommend doing it. The next portion was snorkeling in Silfra. Again, they provide your equipment. An interesting experience, I'm used to snorkeling in shorts, not a thermal suit, dry suit, hood, gloves, and booties. It was quite the production to get in and out of all that equipment. Be sure to tip your guides at the end of your trip, they do a great job.

1  Thank deanshan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I and our two sons ages 11 and 14 chose this excursion trip after looking into many options and we were so glad we did! We booked this through Eskimos Iceland tour company which was very easy. Our guide Billy picked us up right on time at our apartment/hotel in Reykjavik. He was friendly and lots of fun from beginning to end! We arrived at the base camp where we were given very clear instructions to get into our equipment. We had a super fun bus ride to the river with all the guides and other participants. They clearly love what they are doing and got us all pumped up with fun music on the way! Our family had never rafted and the instructions and practice were perfect and not too long ;) The river was a blast, times of exhilaration and times of calm. The glacier water amazing, the views stunning. We had lots of water fun with the other boats. Then there was the cliff diving...wow! My kids will never forget this experience, so awesome they went twice! All this fun and no worries about safety. These folks are top notch and safety comes first with all they do. When we returned....hot showers, sauna, and lunch spread. Thanks for the great memories Billy and Arctic Adventures!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great experience. The guides made glacier come alive. Drive about 2hrs but well worth it. We spent over 3hrs exploring ended by top rope front point ice climb that was great fun. Melting ice, formations a moment in nature. Suggest renting boots if not have stiff ones, but really only needed for climb. Water pants not needed unless raining. Blue Ice!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I used the agency for the Þórsmörk Volcano Hike, the Hekla Volcano hike, blue ice climbing tour, Glacier Cruiser, and the snorkeling tour of Silfra Fissure in Þingvellir National Park. They gave a bit of a discount, i think since i booked three + tours with them. Every tour was excellent, although the blue ice climbing was a bit of a let down because it was super easy.

All of the guides where excellent, always on time, friendly and accommodating, the food was so, so

I don't think you can go wrong with this outfit.