“Good little place for a warming drink”
Review of Cafe Babalu

Cafe Babalu
Ranked #4 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Fab little coffee shop - we just had warm drinks and a cookie all of which were good... Quirky with random ornaments....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I tried twice on my vacation to go to babalu but at first it was too full and the second time i was really cramped in.
nevertheless it was worth it. they have a wonderful cheesecake ;I

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place was my favourite during my 4 day stay in Reykjavik! I went here every day for tea/coffee/cake (have the cheesecake, it's incredible!) it is the cutest, cosiest and most comfortable cafe I have ever been to, it's the first place I will return to on my next visit to Reykjavik!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stopped here for a quick coffee to rest our feet and get out of the cold! The cafe was so cute. It was a complete mismatch of tacky bits and bobs that when put together was great. We sat in the cozy alcove looking around at the different ornaments that have been collected over the years. It had a warm and friendly atmosphere. The coffee and hot chocolate hit the spot too!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a coffee break at the Babalu Cafe in September 2013. And although the coffee was good and cookies were big and quite nice (not so sweet, more like snack cookies than desert), the chocolate crepe I ordered was terrible. It was ready-made and then heated in the microwave with the chocolate, so that the crepe was chewie and dry and tasted stale, and the chocolate tasted burned. They kept the door open so it was quite cold to sit downstairs, but since we had a baby sleeping outside, on the other side of the window, we couldn't go upstairs. The service was little rude and indifferent, but the decor was fun and cosy. All in all I wouldn't go there again.

1  Thank Maria S S