“Neat enjoyable, relaxed activity, and it works”

Peace Garden Seaweed and Kelp Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Seaweed and Kelp bath in old Icelandic farmhouses in Gardur near Reykjavik. The only Seaweed and Kelp bath near Reykjavik.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A very sincere entrepreneur is carving his niche with the only place like it on the island country. This is an activity best suited for a solo or couple. It's low keyed and relaxing. After the battle of crowds at the more notable geothermal lagoons nearby, this was refreshing. And my skin felt better for it.

2  Thank george60898

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I emailed Bogi, the owner, and he was kind enough to pick me up at Keflavik airport. The outside of the building looks a little “rough”, but the inside was neat and clean. There’s a nice area to change and shower. The soak was very relaxing and the kelp and seaweed definitely made my skin feel smoother and my hair tangled less for quite a while afterwards. Bogi told me they plan to offer more spa services in the future. After talking with him, I felt his intentions are to make people happy and provide a quality experience. Peach Garden made a great stop before my outbound fight.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place was a little off the beaten path, but very worth the experience. We stopped before our flight home and it was very relaxing. The seaweed bath is a bit different from anything we had done before and the owner was very friendly and welcoming. You are basically using the owner's personal home and bath. A great stop to relax and enjoy before a long flight home! Don't miss this little hidden gem.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is an amazing place. Very relaxing, comfortable and Bogi the owner itself was very nice person, I love the seaweed bath. I will be back soon... :) If you haven't discovered this place get to it right away.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This place is worth a visit if you are in the area or on the way to the airport. The baths are just in their early stages - the people running it are in start up phase. So whilst it is pretty basic the people who run it are cool and the bath is a fun experience. People who want to meet real locals and try something different from the usual tourist traps will like this place. When you are all fresh from the soak there is a cafe in the Museum by the lighthouse.

1  Thank ScoutScout
Bogi J, Owner at Peace Garden Seaweed and Kelp Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Thanks for coming it was a pleasure to get you a visit and I enjoyed talking with you, I hope the rest of the trip was enjoyable and you feel good the other side of the world

Best Regards Bogi