Grand Hotel Reykjavik
22 Hill Hotel(Reykjavik)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Klettur(Reykjavik)
1,839 results
All reviewscity centremiso souplovely hotelfree shuttleshuttle servicebusiness hotelminute walklobby bartaxi ridehappy hourbreakfast buffetlarge hotelexecutive roomnorthern lightsthe hotel offersreception staffblue lagoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent the week here as part of a retreat with The Travel Yogi. We had a room on the twelfth floor with a great view of the bay and the downtown area. The city center was a short twenty minute walk. It was close enough that we never took the shuttle or a cab. The room was nice the bath had a shower and a soaking tub. The only negative is the wifi won't reach the room you have to go down to the lobby to use that. We enjoyed the spa had an excellent massage and enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. The retreat included a meal plan with breakfast buffet and dinner. We enjoyed all of the meals, quality food and nice variety, excellent and friendly service. We watched the World Cup finials in the lounge on the big screen TV they brought extra seating in and it was a nice experience. The staff was all very friendly and we experienced no problems, they booked several excursions for us. The gym and yoga room were perfect for the retreat we used them every day. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The only negative you have to go down to the lobby for the wifi. We were with a group so it facilitated social interaction but if you were on your own it would have been even more of a hassle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RogerNeal
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The bedroom was comfortable and the bathroom was good. But the wi-fi didnt reach the 10th floor so I had to keep going down to the reception to work. Also very hard to find a space at breakfast as there were many tour groups. But the worst part was a system whereby a bleep would go off every two seconds if a bedroom door wasnt closed properly. And with some people out late, I had to endure bleeping until 2am. even with my door closed, it sometimes bleeped. Terrible terrible system!

Room Tip: High rooms cant get the wi-fi due to poor signal strength.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked this hotel after reading reviews on the trip advisor. My overall impression is that it's a nice hotel, nevertheless I can see the points other members made:
the access to the lift, a few steps up, can be a problem, that is an architectural "slip",
bathrooms are not bad, water will always splash, I would say toilet roll falling off the holder whenever you touch it is more of an issue,
hotel's location was not a problem at all. OK, it's not in the center but we enjoyed the walk tremendously, be it the seaside way or the high street. There is a free shuttle 3 times a day and public transport a 100 yards away if you don't want to walk. If you book a trip, you are picked up in the hotel, dtto for airport flybus.
We appreciated the kindness and courtesy of all of the staff, we could fault them at nothing.
Breakfast was great, with an organic corner with yummy bread and more.
The beds are incredibly comfortable - one of the best I have ever slept in in a hotel.
The gym has new quality equipment. We haven't tried the spa.
There were some slight negatives: the patchy wifi - I was told the hotel was working on it but I think I read that in one of the comments from some time ago; the TV is apparently being worked on too; recycling bin's pedal was broken, the same for the bin in the bathroom....
All in all, a decent hotel though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank diddlina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed two nights with 10 days interval
Rooms in the tower (called upgrade) ok, not large. Bathroom acceptable, shower a bit messy because of water splashing about.
On the first stay we did not have a shower as the thermostatic tap was defective.
I was told that I had messed it up. I did not because I know how these things work as I have 4 of them at home! However, the person I complained to was not impressed.
Breakfast was good with wide choice of items.
It is far from the town centre, but the hotel runs a free shuttle to town three times a day. Return shuttle is not provided however.
Nearest shopping mall 20 minutes walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

stayed for 1 night july 12
executive view room super noisy due to adjacent road(10th floor)
20 min from town; pleasant walk by the ocean to the Harpa.
room ok.nice bathroom.
overall good service.
no wifi in room and really bad in lobby.
probably will not return.

• Stayed: July 2014