“Wonderful horse ride”
Review of Viking Horses

Viking Horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small groups and luxury rides on the Icelandic horse in the Reykjavik area. We are open all year round and offer day and evening tours. Why us? Our slogan is - Small groups, big adventures - and we strive to make that come true every tour. We are a family owned business, we have top-quality horses and equipment. We love what we do and we love to share it with you. We offer personalised service for beginners and advanced riders.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My friend and I booked the viking tour. The weather was on our side that day. Before taking off we got some interesting information about the Icelandic horse. It was a great ride on friendly horses with a nice, friendly and patient guide. Even though my friend had little experience, we managed to do the tölt, galop and even pace.
Mekka and Sarah are very nice and it's great to be able to ride in a small group so a less experienced rider gets the attention he/she needs.
The location is also a plus: not far from the Center and at the edge of a nature reserve. No need to cross streets with cars, you immediately enter the paths through the nature reserve.
I can't wait to come to Iceland again and to go riding again with Viking Horses !

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a small request for a few hours trip with my husband and my father in law 72 years old, riding for the first time. For all of us it was the first time riding Icelandic horses. We were taken alone on a trip by Ragga and her assistant that spoke danish. She made sure that since my father in law do not speak english, that we had a guide with understandable language skills for him. The trip was made sure suited everyone. A very personal and exclusive experience that made us feel really taken care of, and gave us great scenery. Real warmth and care for the horses, and long history and skills with the bread! We recommend dearly! Brg Karen, Håkon and Harald!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was by far the best part of my trip to Iceland (in June). I only had a 24 hour layover but I knew riding the Icelandic ponies was one thing I defnately wanted to do. I use to ride a lot and this was my first time on a horse for a few years but it all came back. Our group was extremely small the day I went - only 3 of us and it was obvious the other 2 did not ride. They try to cater for everyone no matter what your level of riding so when we got to the halfway mark Mekka sent them back on the slow route with the other guide and we got to do the fast track back - lots of tolting and galloping. I had a blast and I would go back to Iceland just to ride with Mekka again!

1  Thank Rose P
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife has been a rider since she was young, and managed to convince me to take the tour. Being a beginner, I was deathly afraid of falling off and embarassing myself. Fortunately, Viking Horses was very professional, and I was given the best horse for riding. If there are any beginners out there, ask for Dreamer when you book. It was an amazing experience. Our guide Makka was exceptional as well. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank BoreoSpeedwagon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was such a great day in Iceland! We had Makka (sp?) as our tour guide. I have been riding for quite a few years, and my boyfriend has zero experience, and we both had such a great time! Makka picked us up at our hotel right on time, had a good briefing on riding/safety/history of the icelandic horses, and we were off! Everyone in our group was able to walk/tolt/gallop and everyone had fun:)
Very professional service, amazing landscape/views, exceptional quality of horses!
Thank you!!!