“My best horse back riding experience. ..Viking horses are amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viking Horses

Viking Horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small groups and luxury rides on the Icelandic horse in the Reykjavik area. We are open all year round and offer day and evening tours. Why us? Our slogan is - Small groups, big adventures - and we strive to make that come true every tour. We are a family owned business, we have top-quality horses and equipment. We love what we do and we love to share it with you. We offer personalised service for beginners and advanced riders.
New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“My best horse back riding experience. ..Viking horses are amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This Viking Horseback riding was such a wonderful, amazing, fabulous experience . I've done lots of horseback riding in the past nothing as amazing as this one. We traveled over the hills, mountains and lakes and I had a blast the horses was so gentle yet strong and very responsive . And view was spectacular!!! Highly recommended ..very relaxing calming trip ♡

Visited June 2014
2 Thank MARLENNY5
harpahodd, Public Relations Manager at Viking Horses, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest and fellow horselover,

We highly appreciate that you have taken the time to sit down and write us a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful nature and spectacular view, and of course or furry and gentle friend, the icelandic horse. If you ever come back to Iceland, be sure to stop by Viking Horses and we will take you on another adventure.

Best regards,
Harpa & the Viking Horses team

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Viking Horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you are in Reykjavic and you want a real Icelandic experience, you must ride one of these horses! They are beautiful, gentle and responsive animals and will take you through the hills, forests and lava fields on the outskirts of Reykjavic at whatever pace you desire. Viggo was my guide. He carefully chose my horse, gave me a training session and accompanied me on an unforgettable ride. Even though it was raining, I was given rain gear, boots, a riding hat and stayed perfectly dry and comfortable. Viggo carried my camera and took lots of pictures. He prepared a lunch after our ride which was a nice surprise for me. Being picked up and dropped off at my hotel made this all very easy. This is not your typical "horseback riding trail ride" with horses that just follow each other walking in a line. These horses do whatever you ask them to do and you tell your horse what pace to go. If you want to walk, fine, but if you want to trot or canter, you will. I loved visiting Reykjavik, seeing the museums, Harpa etc., but the memory that will be in my heart forever is riding on the lava fields on my Icelandic horse with Viggo.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank flute7
Dear friend,

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a wonderful review on our little business. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our gentle and responsive horses. We do strive to choose the best horse for every guest so everybody can enjoy their Viking Horses ride to the fullest. We are also glad to hear that you liked our unconventional twist to the "horseback riding trail ride" - our motto is - small groups and big adventures :D

Viggó, Svava & Harpa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite excursion in Iceland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Me and my family took a two hour tour with the guides Viggo and Bertha, and though all of us except my daughter, were complete novices in horseback riding, they calmly explained the fundamentals and then took us for a two hour tour with magnificent scenery.
Details like free pick-up at the hotel and snacks/Beverages, complimentary t-shirts and an otherwise excellent customer focus, makes this event one to remember. They even recomended and booked a restaurant for us when we asked for tips of a good one - and it too was great.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Niklas L
harpahodd, Public Relations Manager at Viking Horses, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our business and your experience, your thoughts are very much valued & greatly appreciated.
We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service, how thoughtful and great teachers our guides were. Our guides and the Viking Horses take their roles very seriously and we strive to provide quality customer service every day along with great horses.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Iceland!

Best Regards,
Viggó & the Viking Horses team
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“My favorite activity in Iceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a wonderful experience with Ragga and Sarah and the Viking horse riding tour. We are a family of 4, including my 6 year old son and my mother of 58. This was the first time any of us rode a horse. Sarah picked us up from our hotel, drove through a scenic road to their farm. They were very patient with us, explaining all other different ways of riding a horse. Their horses were so beautiful and we had a very peaceful, mind blowing and scenic ride. We even trotted our horses all the way on our return ride to her stable. I would definitely recommend any one visiting Iceland to take their horse riding trip.

Visited July 2013
harpahodd, Manager at Viking Horses, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our business, your comments are much appreciated and valued.
We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service, the beautiful scenery and your recommendation. Our staff take their roles very seriously and we strive to provide quality customer service every day. We make it a priority to offer excellent and responsive riding horses for beginners and more experienced riders.

Best Regards,
Viggó, Harpa, Svava & the Viking Horses team
Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Enjoyed a private tour, riding through lava fields, for both experienced and inexperienced riders.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My partner had only ridden a horse once before and I am an experienced rider so I was a bit apprehensive about the tour initially, however this did not have any impact on the experience. When we arrived at the stables it was hailing heavily and we were provided with full wet weather gear then set off for our adventure. Our horses were very healthy, happy and well looked after. We took a 3 hour private tour through the lava fields on the outskirts of Reyjkavic. The highlight for me was the tolt and cantering through the lush green fields, absolutely amazing, an experience I will never forget. Our tour guide was friendly (and famous in Iceland!) and we were given local traditional snacks with hot chocolate when we arrived back at the stables. What a unique way to see the sights!

Visited August 2013