Radisson Blu Saga Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$315
US$301
  • Restaurant
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$155
Agoda.com
4th Floor Hotel(Reykjavik)
US$118
US$115
Good 3.5/5
2,274 results
All reviewsbusiness classnational museumminute walkcity centreevening buffetbit datedtop floordecent hotelnorthern lightsbreakfast was excellentskyrdomestic airporttwin roomcold meatshappy hourshort breakbread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I just stayed 3 nights and on 2 of them, the Friday and Saturday, they had parties on in the hotel. Even though we were on the 5th floor, we might just as well have been in the next room as the noise was loud and disturbing until at least 2am both nights.

Apart from this, the hotel is pleasant and suitable for a short stay in Reykjavik. The rooms are good size, comfortable and clean, and the location is close to the old town without being in it and the staff are friendly. The menu was limited, especially if you are a vegetarian as we are with only nachos to chose from. Wifi was free, fast and available all over the hotel. I would describe this as a 3 star not a 4.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback that you have shared about your stay in Radisson Blu Saga hotel. We both value and respect your kind comments.
We always prefer the listen every guest's experience in details to improve our service standards.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to in the near future

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was a hotel with its pros and cons. Although they accused us for not having paid for breakfast our third morning there, the staff tried to be helpful and friendly. The wi-fi didn't work on the sixth floor for two days, and that is something I expect them to fix with shorter notice. Otherwise, good beds. I slept really good. 6th floor was very quiet, but I guess the guests on the lower floor were more disturbed by partying guests. I can picture myself booking it again, but it was a bit pricy in relation to what we got.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are looking forward to welcome you back

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a pathetic excuse of a Hotel. I'm not sure how it has any stars, let alone 4. The internet and tv do not work and whenever I called reception, I got the same answer...they were working on it. How many days does it take to reset a router?

If you're fortunate enough to be staying here on a weekend, have fun staying up to whatever party is on the second floor. The hotel rents out the ballroom to weddings, parties, etc...and if one is occurring during your stay they have the right to play their music as loud as they want until 2 am. Which is awesome if you have an early start for a tour the next day. You can call reception, but they clearly can't do anything about it. Management obviously doesn't care, as they rent the halls out knowing full well that they will get noise complaints.

The buffet serves the same food every night, for a scandalous price. The rooms are old and tvs are the smallest I've seen since the 90´s. There is no concierge, just reception and some travel agency office. The gym closes at 8 pm. Why does the fitness center have office hours? There isn't actually any room service after 10, even though they advertise 24-hour room service.
The location sucks...unless you are planning on auditing some classes at the university during your stay. Get something closer to downtown. Black Pearl sounds amazing.

I'm pretty sure the large lady in reception is bi-polar. She emphatically told me upon my arrival that I could not check in early on a Monday without even looking into the computer. Then 10 minutes later someone else checked me in without a second thought. Seriously, I'm not sure how there are any good reviews of this hotel. They must be written by hotel employees or guests coming from Kazakhstan that don't know any better.

This place is a joke.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Andy B
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear guest
I am very sorry to read about your disappointing experience, we always prefer the listen every guest's experience in details to improve our service standards. For this reason, I would highly appreciate if you may contact me directly on the e-mail isey.thorgrimsdottir@radissonblu.com to let me know your experience thoroughly in our hotel.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent location. Short walk to the city center. Friendly helpful staff. Clean and comfortable room. A first class breakfast - everything you could wish for - even freshly mixed fruit juice cocktails.
Will certainly return - wish we could have stayed longer - 3 nights just not long enough to do everything. Very well organised trips with pick ups from the Hotel. Very friendly people. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YorkMax

Dear guest,
Thank you!! I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel was part of the package that I booked for Iceland, so didn't have a choice in where to stay. I had the reviews prior to staying and was concerned about the earlier reviews. I think our stay at Radisson was better than expected based on the reviews. The staff at reception were friendly. We were only the 5th floor, and had a decent room. The toilet was modern enough even if some other parts of the hotel, such as the hallways were dated, perhaps due to the carpets. We were out sightseeing and on tours so this was really just a base to stay in. The beds were comfortable and I fell asleep pretty much straight away. My only criticism is that on Saturday night we could hear music which was louder than normal and it appeared to come from a club somewhere inside the hotel. I did still get to sleep though but I can image that others might struggle especially if they were nearer to the club. We enjoyed breakfast with a wide variety, cereals, cheeses and meats, bacon, eggs and beans, and our favourites were the yoghurts and the smoothies made fresh at the bar. I would say its about 15-20 minutes walk into town, and once you get your bearing, its quite an easy walk.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louisa1974

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and for taking the time to write these very nice comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back