Radisson Blu Saga Hotel
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$186
  • Restaurant
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$226
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$234
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$226
US$508
US$461
2,286 results
All reviewsbusiness classnational museumminute walkcity centreevening buffetbit datedtop floordecent hotelnorthern lightsbreakfast was excellentskyrdomestic airporttwin roomcold meatshappy hourshort breakbread
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This property is clearly in need of an update. Likely a decent hotel in its day but there are far better hotels and experiences in Reykjavik, as I have stayed in them. Breakfast buffet is mediocre and supplemental services (laundry) are excessive given my experience with other business hotels (over 100 nights/year, seriously).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and taking the time to write
your valuable feedback.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Delighted we stayed here for 4 nights in April and used location as a base for our day trips. We were located on the fifth floor with great views over to the snow clad mountains. The room was very comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities and the toiletries were good quality. We had a quiet room and slept very well. There was a lovely lobby area just beside lifts where it was nice to sit with a glass of wine in the evening and watch the wonderful sunsets. Breakfast was included in our package and this was very good each morning. There was plenty of choice and supply, and it really set us up for the day! It is a easy scenic 15 min walk to city centre. Our car rental company delivered and collected our car from hotel at no extra charge. Parking at the hotel was free and plentiful and there was a petrol station very close by. Many tour companies pick up at the hotel for day excursions.There is a good tourist information desk located within the hotel reception area. Another handy thing about this hotel is the ATM machine located at the side entrance. Overall this hotel comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear guest,

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is in a very good location for walking in to the city centre or walking to BSI bus terminal. Tour companies will also collect and drop to the hotel and there is a bus stop nearby which we used to get to Laugardalslaug public bath.
The breakfast was good, even for a vegetarian like myself. There is also a nice bar and a spa, hairdressers and barbers.
The room itself was where I would fault the hotel - it had a very basic design and the beds (singles even though I put in a request for a double) had only one thin pillow each. Both my boyfriend and I woke up with sore necks once or twice!
However in saying that all the staff were very friendly and I would recommend it if you are going mainly to tour around the city and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your very nice comments about your stay and the hotel. It is a pleasure to hear you found our hotel staff excellent and It is refreshing to learn our service quality has met your expectations. I am sorry about your neck, we do keep extra pillows in the closet or you could ask the reception for extra pillow and they would be happy to assist.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for a week in Feb. Had phoned ahead before arrival to ensure were getting 2 rooms connecting as had children with us. When arrived late in evening, were given 2 rooms which were not connecting! We were told hotel was full to capacity and we were put up on 6th floor which is clearly in major need of modernisation. The rooms were REALLY bad, tatty and dirty. We were given 2 rooms both with very small double beds, so I slept in one with my daughter, whilst my husband and son slept in the other down other end of corridor. Not a good start, spent night trawling internet for another hotel!
The next morning however, they did come good and gave us a huge suite with a connecting room with 2 single beds which was a lot better. However the hotel in general is very dated, it reminded me a municipal 70s building. The windows in the room were metal and drafty and the radiators looked like the ones at school. The room was clean though and the beds comfy and the room was always warm.
It has good bar area with bar food which was fair, we also ate in the restaurant one night as weather was too bad to go out and this was excellent, especially the lamb, highly recommend it,but it is a little pricey.
The location of the hotel is good, about 10 minutes walk into the old town, (when the lake frozen over you can cut across it, though that's a little scary at first).
This hotel by far has the better location as during the week when touring around the city, saw many other hotels that we had considered and they are nowhere near the old part of town which is the best area with all restaurants etc. A lot of other hotels eg, Hilton are miles out in the industrial/business area. So overall would recommend this hotel over others.

Room Tip: Dont settle for rooms on 6th floor, they need modernisation. The other floor s are much better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and for taking the time to write these very nice comments. I am sorry about the first night but happy to hear you got connecting the next day.

We are looking forward to welcome you back

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Paid extra on our package to bump up a star. Our travel agent also requested an upgrade as we were celebrating our anniversary so we ended up in business class rooms. I have to admit I am a hotel snob, I do believe that a hotel room should be at least as nice as my own bedroom at home. The rooms and hotel decor we very disappointing as I was lead to believe Iceland was at the forefront of design and style. The barman actually got into a huff with us when we left 20 mins after waiting to be served? On the plus sides the cleaners were very good at their job, the hotel sent us a bottle of wine on arrival and the lobby staff were good also. The breakfast buffet was a nightmare, long long queues to be seated as if all the people waiting to have their food came as an unexpected shock to staff! I would not stay here again and would only recommend this hotel to someone I didn't like very much!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kanjipeg

Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on tripadvisor with your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Saga.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received and the assistance was given.

I can assure you that I have started an investigation as soon as I saw your comments and have taken precautions that similar issues do not happen again in the future.

Once again, I apologize that this unfortunate experience has given you a wrong impression about the Hotel’s services and standards and I sincerely hope that the experience will not deter you from returning to one of our properties in the future.