Radisson Blu Saga Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Holt(Reykjavik)
Hotel Hilda(Reykjavik)
2,274 results
All reviewsbusiness classnational museumminute walkcity centreevening buffetbit datedtop floordecent hotelnorthern lightsbreakfast was excellentskyrdomestic airporttwin roomcold meatshappy hourshort breakbread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a conference recently and it's convenient for the university, with a fifteen-minute walk into the city centre. It's expensive, but then Iceland is quite pricey (not on a par with London prices, though: cheaper than that), and at least wi-fi is free. For a Radisson, this is not one of the smartest and I would have given the hotel a 'very good' rating, if it weren't for the furnishings in our room,which would have benefited from some cosmetic renovation. One of the quilt-covers had a hole and the little foot-blanket was torn; the furniture was well used; the towels off-white. The bathroom drains whiffed a bit. That said, the beds were comfortable and the hotel, as a whole, has some very good amenities in its Spa, hairdresser, and bar. The breakfast was excellent--really top notch, with an wide range of choices. The best thing was the top floor restaurant, the Grillið, the chef of which, Sigurdur Helgason, came out to see how our meals tasted. The food was simply stunning and worth every penny. Eating there--looking out at the wonderful views of Reykjavik harbour, served by attentive and informed staff, and scoffing scrumptious scallops, delicious beef, superb wine--was the highlight of my week (along with all the great conference papers, of course).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RD_Saga, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our hotel. We will discuss your comments and take the possible actions. Thank you for a great feedback about our restaurant Grillid.

We hope you will consider giving us a second chance, the next time you visit Reykjavik
best regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have to say that I did not at all enjoy this hotel. I know that Iceland is very expensive, and trust me I've experienced it, but I have to say that, for the price, this did not at all meet my expectations. Our room was shabby and dated, the view was very very average, the location was bad being right out of town and far from the marina and it's just not good value for money. The only reason I gave it three stars is because the breakfast is actually delicious! That I will say! There was bacon, eggs, baked beans, smoothies, hot chocolate, fruit, cold meats, toast and the list goes on. But sadly the delicious breakfast just does not match up with the hotel itself. So unless you are just staying for one night I would not recommend the Radisson Blu Saga hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mitzy M

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.I am very sorry that we did not live up to the high standards we at Radisson Blu pride ourselves in delivering during each stay with us.I am very sorry that you feel this way and I will do my best to turn this around immediately. I am happy to hear you like our breakfast, we are very proud off our big international breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here on the first and last day of our tour. The rooms are a good size and clean. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not have a dinner here but we did enjoy the breakfast which had a lot of variety. It is about a ten minute walk from the centre of town but this is a small price to pay to have a good quiet night's sleep. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leonie G

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and for taking the time to write these very nice comments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed on first and last two nights of a Titan 10 day accompanied circuit of Iceland in late July.
The evening buffet in the restaurant was excellent with a wide choice and up to 5 courses available. The lamb was probably the best I've ever tasted. The breakfast choice in a more basic restaurant was also extensive and only let down in the peak period 0730-0830 by the quantity of uncleared crockery and some stained table cloths, due to the numbers eating at the same time, also making it difficult for groups to find enough seats to sit together. The hotel do warn about this but could help more if there were places to stack the 'dirties' left by others or to open both restaurants.
The location about 15-20 minutes from the centre is made more interesting if you walk via the town hall and park/lake or take the half hourly number 11 bus from immediately outside the front door for 350 kroner (valid for about 90 minutes on all buses). Maps showing the town centre and bus routes are freely available but ensure you know which hotel to return to as there are 2 Radisson Blu hotels in Reykjavik.
The separate company managing the basement spa/fitness area let us down twice-once not opening within 15 minutes of it's scheduled 0700 opening time, when I had to get a tour bus at 0900 after a shower and breakfast and secondly when the fitness room was left untidy one evening with heavy weights left on the floor, not put away, in potentially dangerous positions in a well equiped but somewhat crowded space.
The staff were always friendly and helpful but not always knowledgeable about events in town, in our case classical music and jazz. Numerous free leaflets are available in reception.
Unfortunately there was nowhere at the hotel to sit outside in the sun if you are lucky enough to get warm sunshine,which we did. However I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trevorg1uk

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback that you have shared about your stay in Radisson Blu Saga hotel. We both value and respect your kind comments.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped here in mid-July for 5 nights in a standard room. Overall impressions of the room are excellent - good size, clean, well presented and with a good view of the city airport and the hills beyond. Curtains were very thick and heavy in an attempt to bring darkness into the room at this time of year. The bathroom was modern and had complementary soaps, shampoos,etc. A definite plus were the tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Facilities in the hotel also include a bar, restaurant and reception snack area in addition to an Iceland tourist office (where trips and excursions can be arranged). The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful. Maps and directions were readily provided, Flybus coach places booked and they even posted a postcard for me. The buffet breakfast is, without doubt, in my top 3 of the best ever. In addition to the usual fayre other items included cream cheeses flavoured with birch, moss and angelica; a variety of fruit and vegetable smoothies, several types of bread, numerous cheeses, fruits and crispbreads. A very big plus for us non-flesh eaters was the addition of vegetarian "meat style" balls in the hot food section (excellent with gratin potatoes and baked beans!). The only downside for some may be the location - the hotel is a 15 minute walk to the downtown area of Reykjavik. I would not let this put you off, the walk is pleasant, safe and does not go through any unpleasant areas. Our stay here was excellent and was good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Yorkshire-hiker

Dear guest
I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.