“Superb”

Cuisines: International
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is a popular (and very busy) local restaurant that serves outstanding and creatively presented food that is up there among the best.

Service is friendly, attentive and professional.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PhtoTrav

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Must try the minke whale!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This place was recommended to us by staff at our hotel and it didn't disappoint! We love great food and this place did not skimp out at any point during our meal. Our hostess was so helpful and guided us through the menu and recommendations for food. My brother and I tried the minke whale which tasted fab! The way the meal was presented you would think we were at a posh restaurant but it was just a cosy, simple, family restaurant with no fuss. There's lot of other locals eating here which I find a good sign of a decent restaurant when trying something new. We had some soup to start and great seafood too. Portion sizes were really good and anything else we needed our waitress was happy to help. Other members of our group had duck and beef and everyone loved the food. We didn't try any desserts as we were stuffed after our main but I'd definitely recommend this place and would go back again on my next trip to Reykjavik. We each had soup, a starter, mains and at least 1 drink each and the bill worked out less than £30 each which I thought was very reasonable given a) the amount of food served to us, b) the quality and presentation of the food and c) the service we got. In fact this place I was so happy to tip heavily because of how good the service was here.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank sophie62
Vancouver, Canada
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My friends and I ended up here after our tour which included a buffet dinner got cancelled due to poor weather. We did a quick search on TripAdvisor and went in without much expectations.
We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, the atmosphere and the service.

Food-wise, my boyfriend and I split the mink whale and a fried fish dish covered in bearnaise sauce. I regret not taking a photo of the menu because I can't remember what it was called. The whale was different and I have nothing to compare it to because I had never had it, but the fried fish dish gave us a sense of a cozy, homemade meal. Our server recommended it to us as it was her favourite since she was a little girl - her grandfather is/was? the owner of the restaurant. Total was just under 6000 ISK (~$60 CAD) for the both of us, which is decent considering it's Iceland.

Service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant is small, but cozy and very clean. It was a great alternative to our original plans and I'm glad we found it.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sidney1013
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Excellent local food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had two evening meals here, after being recommended by hotel staff, as didn't want to trek into town. First night lobster and duck feast set meal which was lovely (three courses) and second lighter fish speciality, also excellent. Friendly and unpretentious. Full of Icelandic families. Soup included with main course price but were happy to substitute a salad. Also lovely sunset sky views. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Val010592
Vancouver, Canada
“Great soup!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Was recommended by our tour guide and we loved it. Although we only tried the soup because we were in a rush to catch our evening tour, the lobster soup was excellent. Staff very friendly and the restaurant setting was small but relaxing and cosy for a bistro.

Visited February 2014