We stayed here for two nights as part of an Iceland Air organized trip to see the Northern Lights in February 2012. The hotel feels like an airport transit hotel. It's on the edge of the domestic airport airfield but the terminal is a taxi ride away on the other side of the airlfield. The hotel is nowhere near downtown Reykjavik so you have to get the shuttle bus or a taxi. It's a big hotel so breakfast was very busy but there was a good choice of food. The rooms looked like a travel lodge - nothing special but functional. If I went back to Reykjavik I would look for a hotel nearer the downtown area so you can walk to restaurants etc. Having said that it is perfect as a transit hotel to get to the bus station or the domestic airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir