Like many other reviewers I stayed as part of a package deal through Icelandair. The room was clean, decent sized and much more attractive than I would've assumed from my first impression of the outside of the building. Breakfast was good.
The distance into town is walkable but after a few trips back and forth looking at the same scenery I did find myself wishing we were closer.
We arrived VERY early in the morning after taking an overnight flight and were luckily able to check in to the room because I was in desperate need of a nap... which eluded me because of the constant noise of planes taking off. This was the only significant downside of the hotel for me. If you are planning on trying to catch up on sleep when you arrive... you may want to opt for a hotel that isn't adjacent to the airport. Thankfully this noise was not a problem late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir