I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a group tour. Here is what I really liked about it:
a) The free bus pass (on a small deposit) makes exploring downtown Reykjavik a breeze. There is a bus stop right across from the hotel for #19 bus going to the downtown terminal . The bus comes every 20 minutes and is always on time. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get to the city center. Coming back is a little tricky because the bus goes to two different directions. Make sure you get on the one going to Hotel Natura! And remember to get a bus schedule along with the pass from reception.
b) Breakfast is included and is awesome! Large variety of fruits, cold cuts, breads, cereals, etc. Don't miss the Icelandic specialty yogurt called Skyr. Delicious!
c) The hotel is within walking distance of two attractions: The Pearl (Perlan) offers fantastic views of the city and reasonably priced food. There is a man made beach with a geo-thermal pool 10 minutes away. The locals hang out there in the summer.
Yes. The domestic airport is right behind the hotel but I barely heard any noises. They stop flying before 7pm. The restaurant is not cheap but just like everywhere else in Iceland. In fact, the food there is not overpriced for what it is.
That said, this hotel is not in the city center and the last bus leaves downtown at 11:30pm. If you want to experience the legendary night life in Reykjavik and stay in the bars/clubs until the wee hours, you are better off finding a place in the city center.
Overall, a great place to stay in Reykjavik. I would stay there again and highly recommend it for groups, families and anyone else who want to stay at a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir