I spent a couple of nights here. As others have said, this is a corporate/business-style hotel, and a pretty good example of the genre. Staff were consistently polite and helpful, and all (as almost everywhere in Iceland) spoke good English. (No bad thing as few visitors speak even a smattering of Icelandic!)
The room was decently furnished, with coffee-making facilities (although my room had only a couple of small packets of cheap instant) and a comfortable chair. Oddly, for hotels of this style, there was nowhere to put a bag whilst I unpacked, so I had to use the bed. Not a problem, but the lack will surely lead to more wear and tear. There was plenty of hot water, but the shower was closed by a curtain, with some water inevitably landing up on the floor outside.
The breakfast was typical of similar northern European hotels, and the food was of a better standard than I have found at many. Flasks of coffee (ok, not outstanding) were available for guests to take to their tables.
The location may not be ideal for everyone, as it is near the Reykjavik domestic airport (NOT the international airport at Keflavik) and the long-distance bus station on the outskirts of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir