Hotel Cabin
City Park Hotel(Reykjavik)
Hotel Klettur(Reykjavik)
Hotel Island(Reykjavik)
2,285 results
All reviewsbudget hotelhot dishdeluxe roombreadsalad buffetpetrol stationhamcity centreminute walkrooms are smallevening buffetporridgenorthern lightsthe busstandard rooms arehard boiled eggsyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife, child, and I decided to stay in Iceland for 3 nights...2 of the nights were at the Cabin Hotel. For $137 USD a night we were treated to a converted storage room that contained a tile floor, bunk beds, no window and dirt galore. In mostly all countries that we have visited, windows are mandatory due to fire regulations...but this went well beyond that. The room felt like a low-budget, hostel room if it were in the hull of a ship. What is worse is that when we complained we were given serious attitude by the 2 reception workers. They did cave and eventually moved us to a more typical room...with a window, tv, carpet, and cleanliness...but it was too little too late...do not stay at the Cabin...Iceland is expensive but you don't want to cut corners on this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Constantine K
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was mediocre but clean, with helpful staff and nicely situated in Reyjavik.

The absence of free wifi, when everywhere else we stayed in Iceland had wifi, was a shame. The beds were also nothing to write home about with rather uncomfortable pillows.

It was a decent stop off point and was an ok hotel but would not overly recommend it to anyone who expects free wifi - as I do.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TheEleventhAngryMan
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel caters for groups on the whole and has a constant stream of school,parties coming in and out. I had a twin room to myself and I'm not quite sure where my bag would have gone if I had been sharing as the rooms are small.
That said they are clean with fabulous en suite facilities.
Buffet style meals where there is plenty to choose from but it is best to try to avoid the time when the groups are in.
Bar area with a large tv, prices no more expensive than anywhere else and you,can pay for wifi if you wish. Staff attentive and helpful. Ample parking and only 10 minutes walk from the centre.
May not suit couples or people who are used to luxury and room space.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Klara S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Cabin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear SharonW

Thank you for your review and your stay in Cabin hotel.
Happy to hear you liked what we have to offer :)
We hope to see you again in Iceland :)

Regards Klara

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel on the 1st, 4th, and 5th nights of my stay in Iceland with my school. On my first stay, I stayed in a standard twin room, although it had little space. However it was much nicer than my second stay, which I stayed in a room of five. Space was completely limited, and the worst thing about the room was that there was no window. The bunk bed had a pancake thin mattress, which the slats were easily felt through. Also, the walls were painted a bright orange colour, supposedly to compensate for the lack of natural light, and one square had been left white when the room was being painted on one wall, supposedly to compensate for the lack of a window, which was a bit of a joke. In conclusion, the twin room was nice, with towels, duvets, and a window, but the only good thing about the room of five was the two bathrooms. Also, the lack of free wifi wasn't good. If you spend a bit more cash at this hotel it is worth it, however if you are a backpacker or a student who doesn't really care about the look of the room, go budget. Just don't expect a lot of space!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suzi1998
Klara S, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Cabin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Suzi 1998

Thank you for your stay and your review on Cabin hotel. We are glad to hear that you liked our standard rooms. I just wanted to tell you a little about the room of five. This is a „work in progress“ for us where we are in the process of designing these rooms. The furniture, the bunk beds, are not there to stay. We will also have a window to the corridor and a decoration on the walls will be on the square that was left white. Unfortunately this could not all be ready before this summer but it will all be ready during next winter. These rooms will then be the ideal family rooms where for example family of five can share a room instead of having to divide the family into two rooms.

We hope to see you again in Iceland again :)
Regards Geir and Klara

Reviewed 14 July 2014

A clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. It is very well placed both for the city (15 minutes walk to the centre and on several bus routes which stop right outside) and for driving out to places on the west and south coast, as well as the obligatory Golden Circle. There's even a petrol station opposite where you can fill up before returning the hire car. Good breakfast buffet sets you up well for the day.
If it's luxury you're after, then head into the city itself but for a good value base, this is the place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas P
Klara S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Cabin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear NickP

Thank you for your stay and for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that you liked what our hotel has to offer.

We hope to see you in Cabin again :)

Regards Klara