Hotel Leifur Eiriksson
  • Bar/Lounge
US$315
US$301
  • Restaurant
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$155
Agoda.com
4th Floor Hotel(Reykjavik)
US$118
US$115
1,503 results
All reviewsfree hot drinksno liftgreat locationmain buildingopposite the churchnorthern lightscoffee and hot chocolatewaffle makerbeautiful churchtop floorblue lagoonshort breakbreadwet roommake your own wafflesbreakfast roombig church
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is ideally located, easy to find, comfortable, close to the town centre and friendly. What more could you ask for?!
there is no getting away from the fact that this isnt a luxury hotel, but it is a friendly family run place, and quite frankly I would rather give my money to a smaller traditional hotel, than a faceless and bland, expensive chain.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. En suite bathroom was also immaculate.
At risk of repeating what has been said below, breakfast was great and the choice was fine.

Basically, this hotel is super cute and a perfect base for exploring out and about. A ten minute walk from the centre, near to some great food places, and near a super market. My room over looked the front and the big church and I wasn't bothered by any noise or traffic. (it isn't a main road at the front anyway)
Let's face it, if you go to Reykjavik, you go to explore and see the amazing things it has to offer. You don't go there to spend all day in your hotel room.
I would 100% stay in this hotel again and I'm a picky bugger!

Room Tip: I booked this through an Icelandair package with transfers and a Northern Lights tour. Next time I would book all tours through a smaller company.
1  Thank lydlyd
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Spent three nights there recently . Excellent location right opposite the Hallgrimskirkja, which looked wonderful especially at night when lit up, very easy to spot the location, very central for the town though a little hike back up to the hotel.
I went with a friend to see the northern lights, on arrival we were informed we were in the 'new building' opposite' which did look a bit like a hostel inside 4 floors and no lift, my friends room looked out onto a brick wall and my carpet was very worn. Asked about changing rooms, the staff were very helpful but only had a twin available, although a nice room was quite noisy due to being on the ground floor and near the road with people walking by at night and also a street light shinning in most of the night.
On a positive level, the rooms were very clean and the beds comfy. The breakfasts were excellent continental style, plenty of choice including fruit and waffles, also drinks were available all day.
The owner and staff couldn't have been more helpful and offered to pay for a meal one evening , plus putting us up in an apartment for one night.
Overall I think the hotel is good value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building and higher up.
1  Thank MasieYorkshire
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Recently spent 3 nights at the Hotel Leifur Eiriksson in Reykjavik.

The location is wonderful and we were able to walk to all the city attractions. The Reception staff were all extremely helpful with the tours we carried out and when we left a mobile phone in the room, were brilliant in returning it to us. The hotel was comfortable and very clean. The continental breakfast provided all that we wanted and drinks were available at all times with no charge.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have read the negative reviews but I have to say you get what you pay for. I presume most people find this hotel via a package site. I found it through Icelandair. If you think about the amount I paid, just over £430 each, which included flights, transfers and two trips ( worth over £150 if separately paid for) I don't know why people are moaning!. The staff are lovely and will do anything to help you. Breakfast has lovely muesli and yogurt ( and the usual continental style). Our rooms were very basic, but my single was perfect for what I needed and was a base and somewhere to sleep. It is literally a walk down the street to the shops and restaurants. And its not a drain problem as another reviewer wrote.... you are in Iceland.... it is full of sulphur!! When I come back I will stay here again. It's cheap and cheerful and if you are using it as a base then its perfect. Don't expect luxury if you're not paying luxury prices.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Our booking as two friends on a Northern Lights trip had been confirmed for some months as a twin room but when we arrived we were told we were given two singles - worse, they were in the annexe. First impressions were not good as the front door needed painting and the door alongside had graffiti daubed on it. The rooms were tiny - like in a care home or student halls of residence. The smell of drains suggested more problems than just the sulphur in the atmosphere. There was a plug hanging off the wall in the corridor and after a while the overhead lights in one of the rooms did not work. To be fair we were given a kettle, tea and coffee and some crackers to appease us but it was a very disappointing start to a holiday we had been looking forward to. We were moved the next day to a room in the main building. It was under street level and noisy but a definite improvement on the earlier rooms where we had been awoken by the knocking radiators.
The staff were excellent and went out of their way to help us. The breakfast was fine although only one toaster worked and that was for only two of the four slots. Tea and coffee always available was a nice touch.
Location was spot on - near the famous church and walkable into Reykjavik itself.
We had an excellent weekend and were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights and to visit the Blue Lagoon but,come on owners, spend some money - not much needed to create a better impression - or to get toasters in working order.
Would stay elsewhere on a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2013