“BEST Restaurant ever!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mioborg
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went for our last night in Reykjavik and luckily walked into Grillmarkadurinn. We got the tasting menu and it was the BEST meal we've ever eaten!!! We had 3 starters: duck salad, whale, puffin burger, then 3 mains sea trout, rib eye and lamb, then the biggest, get your insulin ready dessert! The bill was reasonable $230 CDN and the atmosphere/decor was modern using natural material from Iceland. They used cool stone plating and the waiters were very nice and attentive (filling up our water, food came at good times). The bathroom was really cool with a waterfall style sink. We'd go back again and give it 6 /5 star if we could 😀

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Had some steak and beer and it was delicious. The staff was polite and the place itself was beautiful. Would highly recommend it to anyone in Reykjavík.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

There aren't enough good comments that spring to mind when I think of this restaurant.

A warm welcome, comfortable seating, beautiful waterfall sinks in the toilets, excellent cuisine, great wines, excellent staff.

I indulged with the Tasting menu and was very pleasantly surprised. Thought provoking food and flavoursome dishes very well presented.

Puffin burgers and Minke Whake steak were the high points, the lamb was exceptional.

If you have the tasting menu BEWARE, you almost get a glass of wine per course!! A very happy evening!!

Highly recommended and the best meal of our stay.

1  Thank sunseasandtequilla
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Went here for my birthday, my wife's treat. This place had been on our list for a long time, having tried most of the other fancy restaurants in Reykjavík. We were seated at a two person table, quite close to our neighbors, but it still felt private enough. We couldn't really listen in to other people's conversations. However, I found the chairs very low. I'm not tall, only 172cm, but I felt it in my knees when I finally had to go to the toilet.
We had the tasting menu with wine accompaniment. We've done this in most places here, and it did not disappoint us. The whale was the best I ever had! The lamb was good but I've had better actually, but that's maybe just me, wanting red meat always rare or medium rare. The desert was amazing and very filling.
The service was very nice, could not have been better.
I can recommend this place but be sure to book well in advance (3 weeks in my case) and if you're taller than 175, ask for a higher chair. Still, for how popular this place is, it's not at the top of my list in Reykjavík.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We came here, with a dinner reservation, as a group of 6 on our first night in Reykjavik. Yes, the prices are a little high, but considering the atmosphere & food, I found it to be very worthwhile! We enjoyed all of our dishes. I ordered the cod & was not disappointed. I'd recommend going & just enjoying the experience - order some appetizers & a glass of wine. Also, check out the sink in the bathroom! It was a memorable experience for our group!

Date of visit: June 2016