“A lovely vegetarian spot in the center of town”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 546 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It seems that the food here is made and served with great care, and this may account for the delicate taste and the nice, smiling staff. Best carrot cake we ate in Iceland (and we ate quite a few...)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I are vegan, so we'd searched out several possible restaurants for our 10-day stay in Reykjavik for the world Esperanto conference. We didn't get to this one until late in the trip, and wish we'd gone sooner. Our meal was superb, and the weather was nice enough to eat in the small courtyard. We weren't hungry for dessert, but looking at those of other customers caused us to come back later in the day to see what we'd missed; we were glad we did. Oh, in honor of the Esperanto conference, they'd translated the menu into Esperanto during that period, which I think was a wonderful gesture for those of the thousand-plus participants who spoke neither Icelandic nor English.

1  Thank arlynkerr
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Great value traditional (for Britain) style veggie fare in a calm but very busy little cafe close to the centre of the city. Set menu only, but very good, even for my non veggie friend. Option to have half portions was welcome at lunch time.

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Vegetarian food with reasonable prices, what's not to like? The cafe-like atmosphere is not for candlelight dates, but for a quick eat. The food is like your mum made - nothing fancy, but fills you up.

1  Thank heidihoo2
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I am not a vegetarian, but I really enjoyed the meal here. Dessert was also wonderful. I had meatless loaf, lentils and a salad. Meatless loaf had a wonderful gravy. Sadly one vegan friend was not wowed. Nice bright atmosphere.

1  Thank renee6221