“My old church”

Ranked #51 of 183 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 24 May 2012

It is the most beautiful church in Reykjavik. I was married here in 1978, I took my daughter to Sundayschool here for a number of years and she was confirmed her and my father was buried from this church. It is old and has a wonderful history. It's not a big as many of the more modern ones but is has a soul and is a haven for tired people. with it's lovely interiors. I lovel this church and always feel comfortable. (and it is Luteran rather than Catholic, the Catholic church is la little further up, made of dark stone).

1  Thank Goddalur

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Lovely little church. Light and airy. Good to find a church open. Outside Reykjavik most churches are locked (at least when we were there.)

1  Thank TessaPolis
Reviewed 21 March 2012

A very beautiful church in the centre of Reykjavik

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I gave this sight "Very Godd" becuase it is defintely a must-do in Reykjavik. The top of the church has incredible views of the city and is a great picture taking opportunity. However there isnt much else to do there other than that. The church itself is nice but you can walk through it in about 5 minutes.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great views and I'm glad that I got to visit this because I had time. It is a nice cathedral and the views were great. You should do this early in your visit to really get a sense of the city.