“Fab veggie sushi”
Review of Rub23 - CLOSED

Rub23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rub23 is an Icelandic restaurant that uses ingredients from Icelandic fishermen and farmers . Ingenuity from Asia and America. We specialize in seafood and have a wide variety of fish species and a wide selection of sushi dishes mixed with steaks and desserts.What makes the restaurant unique both in Iceland and internationally is the varied way in which the menu is put together, including homemade spice mixtures that customers can choose from, the so-called RUB. RUB has become a well known term for spice mixtures that are either put onto or rubbed into food, as the name indicates. The customer can first choose a particular ingredient, for example a special type of fish or meat and then choose from a list of spice mixtures those he wishes to try. On the menu one can find favorite combinations of the chefs.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The evening I visited, the restaurant was really busy and it seemed that the majority of customers were local. Service was good. I had delicious veggie sushi and salad, followed by yummy marinated fruit and sorbet. Altogether delicious and I was only sorry that this was my final dinner in Reykjavik.

Also, I had the best glass of wine I'd had during my whole stay. I noticed that most restaurants in Reykjavik have only house wines available by the glass, which isn't great for a fussy drinker like me (who doesn't want a whole bottle). There seemed to be a better choice here, or at least one which suited me.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had the Chefs Einar Five course menu. Everything was perfect until we got the main course the lamb. Not that the main course was bad, but is was to big and I did not fit all the other courses. All courses before where small and light. But then you get some big peace of lamb meat with potatoes. I would have preferred 2 smaller courses and not the heavy main course. But don't misunderstand me. The main course was perfect but it did not fit into the 5 course menu.

1  Thank KoenIceland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

When you're in Iceland for an extended amount of time you can get a bit blasé about the excellent food on offer.
Rub 23 is one of many fine restaurants Reykjavik has to offer. We couldn't decide on the steaks or fish & started leaning towards sushi after seeing some of the dishes. Every item we ordered was exceptional & five dishes between us was more than sufficient for two.
The service was a bit inconsistent. At times very attentive, at times overly cool. The food is what the experience should be judged on & if you want great sushi, give Rub 23 a visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Good food. Went with 5 people had a huge menu, even vegitarian. When the bill came, they asked us if we would like the bill split, we said yes. They automatically billed each family for what they ordered and even split a bottle of wine! In the US, this would have been confusing and impossibe task. And the tip is always included..

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Wonderful food, extensive menu, attentive wait staff, good location. Very cozy and inviting atmosphere.