“Friendly staff. Nice rooms”

Hotel Vik Arctic Comfort
Ranked #42 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are really quite big. Lovely big windows going all along one wall (not there was much of a view unfortunately) comfy beds and not far from the town. Would recommend especially as it is one of the few non expensive places to stay in Reykjavik.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mullen89

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Me & my friend decided to take a trip to reykjavik for a short break, we booked this hotel via groupon! When we arrived it was in a industrial estate fair enough, we checked in at reception & Jesus Christ the blonde lady couldn't of been more rude, she was meant to show us our room but left us at the bottom of the stairs on the other side of the building! We got into our room, it was clean I couldn't of been more pleased and the beds was comfy, towels we're clean! Later on that evening after our nap we needed to know when & where our trip to blue lagoon was so we went to ask the blonde lady at reception again, she told us she didn't know anything so we asked her to check she just rolled her eyes at us asif we were a nuisance so my friend told her how it was and she changed her tone & told us to come back later and find out what she could find out! We decided to go out for a meal in the city so we caught the bus no problem a number 14, on the way home we caught a 12 it was an absolute disaster all the bus drivers were in a hurry to finish work at 11.30pm so we just got dumped in the middle of nowhere it took us 4hrs to find our hotel again because all the buildings look the same so if your staying here & decide to catch the bus remember to catch a number 2, 14, 15 & 17 there & back!! Other than that we enjoyed iceland but I don't be back in a hurry.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Heartsndkisses
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for five nights in May 2014. It has decent rooms, good bathroom (watch for the obligatory sulphur smell to the hot water though) and a very reasonable breakfast. The location is a little out of town, in a semi industrial area, however it is an easy enough 25 minute walk (2 miles) and the price reflects this. Buses are just a short walk away from the hotel if you prefer.Local amenities are not to far away and if you are coming to Iceland for an active holiday then the distances wont prove difficult. I thought it offered really good value and meant I was able to spend more on the activities that Iceland offers. The big bonus for me though was Ruri the knowledgeable, friendly and hard working receptionist. She is a real credit to the hotel, very helpful, always fun and with impeccable English. Stay here and spend your budget on activities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel room had everything you need, incl. TV and a little fridge. Staff was very helpful and even sent a fax free of charge. Computer available for use free of charge, WiFi, too.
The room had thick layers of dust on every surface, in the shower the almost-empty shampoo bottle of a previous guest hadn´t been removed. Basic cleaning looked good though, towels were clean.You may want to bring a sleep mask for light summer nights as the curtains don´t black out the light completely. Breakfast is served from 7.30am only (in winter). There are, however, a 24/7 supermarket and a café within 10 minutes walking distance.
The hotel is located in an industrial zone, it´s a 10 min walk down to the main road where busses are leaving. No shops around. To have a car is recommendable.
Overall good value for money given the price of around 32€ I paid!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank andralea
Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Reasonable price compare to other hotel in Reykjavik, and the room is superb, cleanliness, the bed is comfortable and most importantly have free wi-fi provided. I would recommend to anyone who going to stay in Reykjavik soon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Jonathan Y
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here last week - Like most, I read some of the reviews on here and was pretty nervous as to what I would find!
For those that say its a little far out of the centre - do your research before you book!
You can take a walk to the centre and the weather was good enough to do so, alternatively there is a bus stop a 5 minute stroll away.
5-10 Minute walk is a Dominos pizza, Subway (sandwich), KFC and a supermarket.

Coming from the airport you can book a bus transfer which takes you to the hotel - if I remember rightly its 2,500ISK per person.

The only downfall to the hotel I found was that there was no lift to the second floor for my older companion - this wasnt the end of the world though.
The reception staff were helpful and their spoken English was very good. Better than my Icelandic!
They helped us with the bus routes, numbers and times - by far exceeded my expectations of a receptionist.
Bar snacks were available for the times we had pit stops between excursions - Cheese and ham toasties with a draught Viking beer - LOVELY!

The room was clean, bathroom was very modern(heavy glass door), the shower was very Powerful! and the beds were comfortable.
There are limited tv channels - but then again who goes to Iceland to watch tv?
We had a fridge, kettle, telephone, black out curtains(for the street lights), large wardrobe, double bed and a single bed (for 2 guests) 4 very comfy pillows, extra blankets (didnt need them).
All in all I was very happy with what we got for the price we paid on Wowcher.
It is a great base, if you have no excursions booked or planned then I would suggest you hire a car - I saw quite a few families that did this and you can park up right outside the reception. Alternatively I would recommend the Gray Line, Iceland Excursions as they were professional, punctual, reasonably priced and the tour guides were well educated on the tours/areas.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel have a better view.