Given that this is a 3 Star hotel I was very pleasantly surprised. The staffs were incredibly helpful and were very informative. There are plenty of guides/leaflets on tours/excursions in the lobby. There is also free wifi in the hotel which I found useful.
The rooms are basic but have everything you need - Safe, TV etc. One thing to note was that it wasn’t a double bed - is two singles pushed together but there are very comfortable. The shower is slightly on the small cube side but perfectly functional. The hot water does smell slightly of sulphur (as does it everywhere) but this soon disappears as rooms are very well ventilated. And the heating is great as well!
The selection at breakfast is good - hot and cold although not of the highest quality but again it is what you would expect at a 3 star. There is plenty of seating and time to as it’s served between 7-10am.
I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Reykjavik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík