When you go on Iceland you will experience very soon: all the prices are 2-10 times higher than in your country. This is not the case in this hotel. price is reasonable, hotel as well. I mean: not a luxury, but you will have all you need for a reasonable stay: room is warm (which is much appreciated after a cold island tour), bed is super, bathroom clean. The basic needs. We stayed there in April for 5 days. Furniture is simple, but you have all you need when you jump tired and frozen in the evening. As they had several teenage grops I expected to be noise in the evening. In contrary: noise isolation is very good!! You can sleep in silence.
If we can complain it is beacuse of breakfast: hotel is hosting several groups in the mean time, but they can not handle them in the breakfast room. It is a mass, it is dirty and it is crowded in the morrning!! You wait often 20 min for a table, then you sit a really dirty one - or you clean it yoursef. Then you queue up for some low qulaity food for other 20 min.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík