Great hotel with great amenities at an affordable price. The staff were very friendly and always helpful in answering our questions. We stayed in a room with four twin beds (put together, two king beds). The windows are up on the ceiling with very heavy drapes. It doesn't really have a view, but it didn't matter, because we were not in our room for very long. We loved the free breakfast. Can't get enough of the little sausage links and make yourself waffles!
We had to get used to dropping off our keys each time we left the hotel, but I think it's because they didn't want the guests to lose the keys. The hotel is a short 15 minute walk to downtown Reykjavik, which is really convenient.
We went to Reykjavik in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights, sadly the weather didn't cooperate, but the trip was still very memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík