Ok so the hot water smells of sulphur but you get used to that otherwise a lovely place.
Not five star but the staff where very helpful. Breakfast was excellent continental with lots of choices including make your own waffles.
The rooms are basic tourist class not business class (the mini bar was empty) but very comfotable and warm.
We arrived at 2am and needed some water the receptionist advised of a 24 hour store behind the hotel (less than 100 metres) where I got some snacks and drinks.
It is ideally placed for a walk through the shops to downtown a 10 minute stroll of £4 taxi ride at the end of the night. Do try Cafe Paris where we had the best service and visited twice. Food and drinks about the same or cheaper than London.
We came away determined to visit againin the spring
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík