Room With a View Apartments
Fosshotel Baron(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$217
US$226
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$226
US$484
US$449
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
  • Restaurant
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$311
Hotel Laxnes(Mosfellsbaer)
US$236
US$210
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$231
US$574
US$530
All reviewsthe main streetluxury studiohot tubrecommend roomstreet noisehotel apartmentthe penthousedvd playerfull kitchenliving roomcentral locationon friday and saturday nightsbring earplugslight sleepernoisy at nightgreat apartmentdining table
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Wow. Rooms are super stylish (as is everything in Iceland), clean, comfortable and for a country not known for being budget friendly - very affordable! We booked in advance and even from the e-communications I could tell this place was top notch. Jessica is the name of the manager and she was so helpful before we got there and even more so once we arrived. She gave us very helpful tips on where to go what to see. And she even hooked us up with her friends taxi company who were absolutely amazing. So in a word if you're going to Reykjavík this is your place! Everything as far as nightlife is right outside your door. A rooftop hot tub can't be beat... Cheers!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a disappointment this was...
After arriving in Iceland for the first time (on my Birthday) I was looking forward to my stay.
When I checked in I was advised my room would be on the Ground Level(!!) I asked the woman at the front desk if I could stay at higher floor (so I could get some views) but was told the hotel was full. Then she advised me that I wouldn't even be staying in the main building(!!) but my room is located in another building offsite. She then walked me down the street (about 50m); right next to a Chinese restaurant were wooden double doors behind which I'd be staying the next two nights. It was dark and run-down and my room was at the end of the hallway - depressing looking overall. My heart sunk. I wanted to run away.

The apartment inside was clean and good size but the views from all my 3 windows were so jaw-droppingly ugly and depressing that you might as well not have any windows.

If only 'certain/limited' rooms have nice views they should NOT call themselves like this.
It is absolutely misrepresenting and misleading, not to mention DISAPPOINTING.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The desk staff were very helpful and in one case staff went far beyond what I would consider a normal level of effort in trying to help a stranded family. The staffer in this case simply would not quit until the family was looked after. The process took a couple of hours. Service like this is rare!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our first trip to Iceland and we had no idea what to expect. We arrived at Room with a View around mid-morning and, after we found the entrance, which proved a bit of a challenge to us, were welcomed very warmly. Our apartments weren't ready (as was to expected) but we were able to stow our luggage in the lock-up and park our rental car in the hotel's car park. Upon request we were directed to a wonderful little cafe next door, at the back of a shop.
We moved into our apartments in the early afternoon and were really impressed. We were accommodated on the second floor of a building across the street from the main building. We had booked to studio apartments and were pleased to find that we were given apartments adjacent to one another with a shared hall way and a door to the stairwell that we could lock. Our little home away from home also had a very small balcony, a blessing for the smoker in our group.
The apartments itself were incredibly well equipped and very comfortable (especially the bed).
The building's security was also very good with a locked gate, a locked front door and an alarmed fire exit. I think I saw a camera in the access way, too.
The only things that were a little challenging were the fact that the building we stayed in did not have a lift as one of the members of our group has a bad knee and trouble with stairs, and the rather noisy construction side next door. Neither of these two things would stop us from staying again next time, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Apartment was Beautiful. Tons of room to spread out. We loved it. We will stay in Room with a view next year on your way to Riding-Iceland tour. What a treat after a week roughing it to come back to such a beautiful comfy place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends