“Where art, comfort and convenience meet”
Review of OK Hotel

OK Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visit Iceland a lot and OK Hotel is one of my favorite places to stay at. It's convenient, quiet and the rooms are very art driven and different from you'd expect from a Hotel room. Each room is decorated differently and have different themes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I would really want to give better recommendation to this hotel but I can't. The location is very good and central. There's no personal service. You just walk into restaurant, look for a "reception" = a phone, call someone who gives you a code to a safety box where you find a key to your room. We had a room in the 1st room behind the restaurant/bar (we lost to the second floor first because we didn't believe that the back door in a bar cannot be the correct door). Anyway, the room was funny with a roof window (anyway, I prefer normal windows). The room wasn't so clean but ok for us. Our first night was Saturday night and the hullabaloo was terrible although I had my ear plugs with me. I'm not sure how much noise came from the bar but there's was also a privat party in neighborhood which continued the whole night and next morning. Fortunately my son sleeps very well but my husband also woke up. The two following nights were more quiet, thank god. I recommend this hotel to younger and budget travellers. There's very good food in this hotel's restaurant but the menu is very difficult to understand although I'm fluent in English.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms in upper floors, not 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiina12345
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent our last night with this property after 10 days on the road in Iceland. It was clean and comfortable (especially the primary bed). The room was brightly furnished with an urban feel, but some items in the room were showing wear. The kitchenette was functional, although the premium for not washing dishes was a bit odd, but I can appreciate whey they charge it. The 'front desk' is really a phone to an off-site manager. This manager was responsive, but just not convenient. Also, oddly, the door into the hotel is also not well marked. Our family of five (kids 12/9/5) was a bit of a squeeze, especially since we required a roll-away bed, but the central location could not be beat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The great location on main street. Everything is in walking distance and tour bus will drop on and off you here. The room was very clean but we were not given bed linen for four people even if we phoned to lobby. The first night was not very pleasant for that reason. There is not lobby service at this hotel, and you have to call in arriving. Wi-fi was not working well and there was not information on passwaord available. The entrance was hard to find, there is no sign and you have to enter into restaurant first to ask help.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were very pleased with our stay in the OK hotel. The prices are competitive with any other room you'll find in the area. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and decorated in a fun, quirky manner. Maybe we were just exhausted from a lot of travelling, but I swear the room had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
The bottom floor of the hotel is a restaurant and bar. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant (it looked great, though) but we were able to have a few drinks at the bar. The bar staff was friendly, talkative, and full of helpful tips for visitors.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Newcomers to Reykjavik may find the sulfur scent of the tap water a bit surprising. However, this i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Odin J
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in OK hotel with my family and that was an absolutely great weekend. The room we got was cute, uniquely designed, very clean with a very comfortable bed. The check-in system is a little bit weird - we had to call the receptionist from a bar phone. The man who answered was rather rude and that was the only bad thing I could say about this place. Luckily there was there a young girl from housekeeping who was more than very helpful - she helped us to store our luggage and then she even moved our suitcases into our room! She also helped us another day with booking a flybus tickets which was really nice because I'm sure it's not her job but we really didn't want to talk that receptionist again. Except of that one rude receptionist on a phone our stay was absolutely great. Reykjavik is a beautiful place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I realy like this hotel. It is very cheap compare to other hotels in Reykjavik, you get a lot for your money. Its right in the centre, clean, rooms have there own kitchen. The decoration is great and the bed big and comfy

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple