“Comfy room with great location”
Review of OK Hotel

OK Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Comfy room with great location”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

located in the heart of city center where shops and restaurant can be found easily. However, it may be hard for those travelers who do not use their pick up service since the sign board can be hardly seen and realized.

No actual reception but the staffs at the restaurant are willing to help us for checking in the hotel even though they are busy serving their customer.

Room is very comfy and clean enough to make you feel like staying at your home. The arts in the hotel room is impressive. I would consider the design of this hotel is more attractive to the young adult, However, it is still suitable for the couples who bring their children along.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fiayijie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited OK Hotel in April and thoroughly enjoyed our week long stay. We were looking for accommodation that was alternative and which offered something other than the norm, and I have to say we definitely found it!

The self-check-in system didn't pose a problem for us, it was pain free and straight forward. We were lucky enough to stay a room with a lovely view of the sea and of the distant mountains. As we were self-catering, the kitchen facilities were more than adequate and the location could not have been better; we'd definitely recommend the 'Bonus' supermarket (just a short walk down the high street) for your essentials should you be planning a similar stay. The bathroom was clean, towels were replenished regularly and the staff were friendly and always willing to help. The only thing we didn't do was eat in the restaurant downstairs, but every time we passed through it looked/smelled great.

My only criticism was that the room could have done with a bit of a dust but, other than that, what a great stay. Thank you OK Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visit Iceland a lot and OK Hotel is one of my favorite places to stay at. It's convenient, quiet and the rooms are very art driven and different from you'd expect from a Hotel room. Each room is decorated differently and have different themes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I would really want to give better recommendation to this hotel but I can't. The location is very good and central. There's no personal service. You just walk into restaurant, look for a "reception" = a phone, call someone who gives you a code to a safety box where you find a key to your room. We had a room in the 1st room behind the restaurant/bar (we lost to the second floor first because we didn't believe that the back door in a bar cannot be the correct door). Anyway, the room was funny with a roof window (anyway, I prefer normal windows). The room wasn't so clean but ok for us. Our first night was Saturday night and the hullabaloo was terrible although I had my ear plugs with me. I'm not sure how much noise came from the bar but there's was also a privat party in neighborhood which continued the whole night and next morning. Fortunately my son sleeps very well but my husband also woke up. The two following nights were more quiet, thank god. I recommend this hotel to younger and budget travellers. There's very good food in this hotel's restaurant but the menu is very difficult to understand although I'm fluent in English.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms in upper floors, not 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiina12345
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent our last night with this property after 10 days on the road in Iceland. It was clean and comfortable (especially the primary bed). The room was brightly furnished with an urban feel, but some items in the room were showing wear. The kitchenette was functional, although the premium for not washing dishes was a bit odd, but I can appreciate whey they charge it. The 'front desk' is really a phone to an off-site manager. This manager was responsive, but just not convenient. Also, oddly, the door into the hotel is also not well marked. Our family of five (kids 12/9/5) was a bit of a squeeze, especially since we required a roll-away bed, but the central location could not be beat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The great location on main street. Everything is in walking distance and tour bus will drop on and off you here. The room was very clean but we were not given bed linen for four people even if we phoned to lobby. The first night was not very pleasant for that reason. There is not lobby service at this hotel, and you have to call in arriving. Wi-fi was not working well and there was not information on passwaord available. The entrance was hard to find, there is no sign and you have to enter into restaurant first to ask help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were very pleased with our stay in the OK hotel. The prices are competitive with any other room you'll find in the area. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and decorated in a fun, quirky manner. Maybe we were just exhausted from a lot of travelling, but I swear the room had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
The bottom floor of the hotel is a restaurant and bar. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant (it looked great, though) but we were able to have a few drinks at the bar. The bar staff was friendly, talkative, and full of helpful tips for visitors.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Newcomers to Reykjavik may find the sulfur scent of the tap water a bit surprising. However, this i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple