“Once in a life time”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$420.83*
and up
Inside the Volcano: Small Group Thrihnukagigur...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Journey towards the centre of the earth. Descend 120 meters into the dormant Thrihnukagigur volcano in Iceland.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I'm very glad that I choose to go on this trip. Iceland was wonderful, and Inside the Volcano tour was the best experience in Iceland. From the hike to the volcano, every minute was to remember. I can not emphasise enough, how good and attending was the tour guides. And they did know what they were doing. After a little while, we were like in a group of very old friends although we were just met.
The volcano itself was also very interesting although I was not very into geology. It was a once in a life time experience.

1  Thank G3A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"iceland trip"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 6 November 2012

If rugged hikes and awe-inspiring sights are your thing, visiting þrihnukagigur is for you. Nowhere else can you be lowered into a volcano of this kind to witness the aftermath of lava where it once flowed. The hike to and from the volcano is exhilarating with a constant, endless picturesque view of Iceland's renowned lava fields.

The guides are perfect for this kind of adventure: very helpful, fun, and knowledgeable.

1  Thank secretrobotron
Reviewed 15 October 2012

it was a short trip to Island, Reykjavik and our finish was inside the volcano, near Reykjavik
The lava field was long and endless, but the weather was great, not to cold and not to hot, simple perfect for a day whit many experience and amazing volcano, inside the volcano.
After the visit inside the volcano, w eat a meat soup and drink an coffee on the volcano.
When you become an chance to do what we do on this day.

great great great
Andrea and Bert

2  Thank bertbeuthan
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This was a phenomenal experience. I don't think words or pictures can do it justice. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. It was worth every penny!!

3  Thank Micaela W
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2012

At first, we joked about going into this volcano we had heard about, on our way to Iceland. 5 days later, we booked tickets even though it seemed quite pricey. If I had known then what I would get for the money, I would've gladly payed up! :)

I can honestly say that the visit inside Thrihnukagigur earlier this summer, is the most awesome thing I've done yet. A knowing and kind crew made the trip worth while, and the volcano itself... Wow. It makes more sense now a couple of months later, than it did right afterwards.

Of course it's an extra plus if you're ever so slightly into geology or the environmental side of life, which could bring out that extra "Oomph" in these kind of excursions. But then again, the colors of the volcano's inside, the physics behind the emptying of lava, and the fragility of it all - worth every penny and time.

Interesting how this will evolve as a tourist attraction.
Once again, big thanks to the tour crew - it's all much thanks to you!

3  Thank Petter L