“Best Coffee in Iceland”
Review of Kaffismidja Islands - CLOSED

Kaffismidja Islands
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Description: Coffee shop and independent roasterie
Halifax, Canada
“Best Coffee in Iceland”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Being coffee lovers, we heard about this place through the grapevine. They had won 'best barista' year after year, so we knew we had to check it out! We went here first thing after arriving in Reykjavik. The staff were not that friendly, and didn't seem to want to serve us. We weren't sure if it was because we were tourists or what, but it wasn't very welcoming. We didn't get a coffee there but got some ground coffee for our hotel room.

The next day we went back and found out that we were there just before close (which explained the unfriendly staff) and this time they were much chattier and didn't seem to want to hurry us out the door. We stayed for a cup of coffee (with free refills!) and enjoyed people watching and chatting with other coffee lovers.

We went back several times and enjoyed it! If it wasn't for that first evening we were there with the rude staff, I probably would have given this an "excellent!"

Visited October 2012
1 Thank chellewootten

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Coffee Ever.... Duuude”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Seriously, this hipster-looking hangout is really a haven for locals who enjoy the real stuff: superb coffee (meaning espresso drinks). My mission in Reykjavik was to sample mochas (so called "swiss" mochas) all over town. You knew they had it right here, because they called it what is was: "Espresso m.(eð) Súkkulaði" [espresso with chocolate]. Yummmmm. Delicious, simple goodies -- like the not overly sugared-up tea-biscuit and delicious croissants. I even saw people being served in the little public square outside. Love it!

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent coffee, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I spent four days in Reykjavik and the only café i visited more than once was Kaffismidja. I actually went there every day I was in town - and some days more than once. I tried several of their different varieties of coffee - from espresso to caffe latte - and they were all excellent. I higly recommend that you swing by this amazing little coffee place for a cup or two.

• Visited August 2013
UK
“Best coffee ever???.......Definitely”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I´ve been in Reykjavik twice, and twice in this lovely coffee place as well. The atmosphere is charming, the service excellent, the place cozy, but the best is the coffee. That was the best cup of coffee that I had in my entire live, and I had many...

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
“One of the best coffee shops I´ve ever been.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've been to Reykjavik three times, and the last two I've visited this place. As for me being such a coffee lover, has become a must. Probably the most beautiful coffee I've ever had.
The first time I thought that they really take their time to make a coffee, soon to realize that the waiting was well worth it. They really are passionate about coffee and it pays off.
Lovely, relaxed and the bohemian atmosphere does the rest. Let´s not forget the pastries, which are great and fresh.
My favourite place in Reykjavik.