“Fine place to eat”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fine place to eat”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The MAR is situated in the Old Harbour of Reykjavik and is a place with a clean neat design. Predominant is black with one distinct colour of one wall. The theme is Fish. Very well done and with enough space between tables - friendly staff and of course well cooked dishes - we ate fish and it was really good.

• Visited July 2014
Snorri V, General Manager at MAR Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Nell B.

Simple and to the point, I thank you very much for taking the time to rate us and I will be sure to share your satisfaction with the team.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Marlborough, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mar Reykjavik is a "must visit" when in Iceland”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a fantastic lunch at Mar Reykjavik a couple of weeks ago. My brothers and I were there to meet Inga, the woman behind the travel blog "Tiny Iceland". I had booked a couple of tours through her company and wanted to meet her. She kindly made reservations at Mar. What a wonderful choice, it is a lovely atmosphere and attentive staff. Inga had the Seafood Soup which was loaded with fish and mussels which she declared as very tasty. My brothers and I are from Boston and we know our seafood, we ordered the Fish and Chips and we weren't dissapointed! The fish was so fresh and cooked to perfection and served with hand-cut french-fries, Cole Slaw and Tartar Sauce. We only had room for a coffee after our meal which was a shame as I would have loved to try the Blueberry Skyr Cake. I'll make it a point to save room for desert next time!

1 Thank Lisa B
Dear Lisa B.

It was lovely to have you at MAR and I am delighted you enjoyed all your food. We will try to make the fish portion a little smaller next time to make sure you have some Skyr cake.

We look forward to your next visit to Reykjavík.

Warwick
“Whale friendly”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went on a whale watching trip and they encouraged us to avoid restaurants that served whale meat. They recommended MAR Restaurant which is just round the corner from the boats. We had an excellent meal. Quick and friendly service - I think we all had fish and chips - which was a generous portion. I recommend the chocolate cake desert special and liqueur coffee to follow!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ggiinnaa1969
Dear ggiinnaa1969.

Thank you for the short and sweet recommendation of MAR. We encourage everyone to focus on food other than whale meat and I am glad you enjoyed our selection and hope to see you again at MAR in the future.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Wonder of the Harbour in Reykjavík, the Pearl”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I just loved this resturant down by the Harbour in Reykjavík, the food was superb, each dish after another charmed and what fun was that it offered a seven-right party that every one was greatly surprised, tells with such a choice. Love was in the air the the aria that made me enjoyed that one even better, the hidden pearl worth measuring at 100%.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ingunn Mjöll S
Dear Ingu Mjöll S.

Thank you for the lovely words about our food, service and atmosphere. We certainly will try to keep it up.

Seltjarnarnes
“An interesting fusion menu”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The restaurant offers an interesting Icelandic-Latin fusion. I went there in a group of four, everybody had something different and all were pleased. I myself had plaice and can recommend it. The place is very reasonably price for a good restaurant in Iceland. Service was a bit slow, but the waitresses were nice and polite. Strongly recommended.

1 Thank Solbrautin
Dear Solbrautin.

Thank you for stopping by and I am glad you liked to the food. We are continually working on getting all service from the kitchen to the table streamlined and smooth and your comment certainly helps us to improve on these matters.

I hope to see you again at MAR soon.