“It doesn't get better than this.... ! Paradise in NIceland!”

Magical Iceland - Private Gourmet Tours
Ranked #4 of 24 Food & Drink in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My two most popular tours are : The Gourmet Golden Circle Tour (8 hours) & The Gourmet Welcome Walk in Reykjavik (3 hours). My tours are for CURIOUS, ADVENTUROUS, NATURE- AND FUN LOVING FOODIES ONLY. I always include secret stops, local gourmet food´n wine. On my tours we talk about the REAL NIceland, the people, the culture, the humour, the food, the fun, the past, the future, the LOVE, the hidden people, the LIFE… Warm greetings from NIceland, Ymir Bjorgvin Arthursson Private Gourmet Guide
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“It doesn't get better than this.... ! Paradise in NIceland!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

What can I say, we visited end of February and I still feel emotional remembering our memories from our holiday! We hoped to see the Northern Lights, we saw them, not one night but every night which was 3 nights in a row! The highlight of our visit for sure was meeting Ymir! What a true Viking! From visiting a beautiful waterfall and being wined and dined by the side of the beautiful river to visiting the breathtaking views of Gullfoss (seeing is believing)! Two days full of entertainment and seeing Iceland's beauty at it's best. Ymir saw to our every need and his knowledge was second to none, you can tell he is passionate at what he does! He also catered to our children's needs and they had a fantastic time! From the natural hot spa, with beer, food etc., the list is endless but I don't want to spoil the surprises! Our son bought a Viking teddy bear and named it Ymir - need I say anymore??!! Don't hesitate in booking Ymir, look forward to our return!!

Visited February 2014
Ýmir A, Owner at Magical Iceland - Private Gourmet Tours, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you sooo much for the beautiful words - Those two children of yours almost made the Viking burst in tears !!! - I´ll never forget that... See you soon again :)

Luv Ýmir & Hebba & family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of Our Trip”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Three friends set out for Iceland to find the Northern lights. So sad the lights did not dance for us but we found something just as magical Ymir and his wonderful tour of the Snealfloss peninsula. This wonderful day will live in all our memories. Ymir's tour is incredible. His love of his country and of life is infectious. He is a wonderful tour guide and raconteur. We really saw an Iceland that we would have never gotten to experience without Yamir's private and off the beaten path tour. We began emailing prior to the trip. Ymir tries to get a sense of who you are and what you want to accomplish. He was spot on with us He offered good advice on packing and when we told him of plans for other visits on our own he emailed us a self drive itinerary and suggestions for clubs and sights to see in Reykjavic Oh! Did I mention the food? Tasty treats at our private dip in a thermal pool, as well as Viking fare, We had lunch at a farmhouse Salmon soup, homemade bread. We were in heaven and that was only the first course! I will be emailing him for the recipe. Thank you, thank you ,thank you Ymir . Perhaps the greatest testimonial to your tour is we will be back.

Visited February 2014
Thank YOU - The pleasure was mine ! :) - I hope you will like that little "something" you will have in your e mail from me soon... BIG kiss and hug to the other girls too ! - Luv Ýmir
Reston, Virginia
“Magical is right!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Ymir transported the three of us back to a land of Vikings, Trolls and good Witches whilst continuously tempting us with delicious Icelandic treats in his unique way. This was such a fantastic trip and Ymir's special touches made it so much more personal than we could have imagined. If you're looking for something different with a guide who is passionate and enthusiastic about his beautiful country...oh, and so easy to be with, then Ymir is your man. So many surprises are in store for you and I won't spoil it by describing anything in detail. Just go with an open, adventurous mind and you will have fun. Ymir and his lovely wife Hebba put a lot of effort into their tours and we felt as though we were leaving good friends that we had known for a lifetime when we said goodbye.

Visited March 2014
Ýmir A, Owner at Magical Iceland - Private Gourmet Tours, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank YOU for a magical time :) - The three of you are just great and I laughed soooo much trying to capture you with Geysir... That´s a memory of a lifetime for me ;) ! - Luv Ýmir & Hebba
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Incredibly helpful”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Let me say upfront that unfortunately, my family and I did not have the opportunity to partake in the Magical Iceland tour, however, I felt compelled to write a review of my interactions with Ymir.
I first contacted Ymir via email in September as I was planning our family's trip to Iceland. Over the next 2 months, Ymir and I corresponded about travel plans, day trips and Iceland in general. He was a wealth of information and he always responded promptly to my inquiries. His exuberance is contagious and he clearly loves what he does. It would have been a blast to travel with him, but unfortunately I was planning a trip for 3 adults and 2 teens. While the adults would have loved the good food and great company, the 2 teens vetoed our plans and opted for a day with Icelandic ponies. As a consequence, the 3 adults plan to return to Iceland at a later date, ditch the 2 teens and enjoy a day of cultural immersion with Ymir.

Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words - I am looking forward to meeting you in person and showing you my Magic ;) - Luv Ýmir
Menai Bridge, Wales, United Kingdom
“Vikings, Trolls, Magical Lights and Photography”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Needing to have a personal guide that knew Iceland like he knew the back of his hand was "The" most important criteria for our travels to Iceland in February 2013.

We needed someone who could not only instil passion, tell us about this wonderful country but they also needed to understand that we were specifically travelling to the land of Fire and Ice to get certain images in the can - or camera for the non-photographer.

Doing a LOT of research online and writing a lot of emails to various people in Iceland we decided upon Ymir to act as our guide - he just got it - totally. He knew what instantly what we wanted and what our aim was.

He and Hebba made our adventure perfect - and yes, we did get the pictures we wanted in the can and more.

Ymir was informative and friendly and helped us with our every need - often going above and beyond what he was initially asked to do. Always working in a professional and non-intrusive manner. He guided us but listened and made suggestions also.

The food Ymir provided in the most magical, away from the madding crowd was one of the most pleasurable experiences that I have ever had the good fortune to have. To this day I will be forever grateful we didn't follow the masses and we were able to experience the real Iceland.

I really do think that Ymir himself has magical powers because we saw those dancing lights - a full corona - and yes, we got that in camera as well.

We are putting our money where our mouth is - anyone can write a review - full testimony is if you use a person again...

We will be, in Feb 2014 when we go back again and we WILL be using Ymir to help us plan the perfect location for us to photograph in again.

Thank You Ymir and Hebba.

Lee Iggulden

Visited February 2013
Ýmir A, Owner at Magical Iceland - Private Gourmet Tours, responded to this review, 22 October 2015
TAKK :) - We sure did enjoy our time together... MAGIC :)

Luv Ýmir & Hebba