“Unpretentious take away for a quick lunch”
Review of Durum

Durum
Ranked #141 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place has a reasonable selection of mediterranean themed sandwiches and lunch plates. A good place to grab a vegetarian bite in the middle of the main shopping district with some great juices and salads.

Just avoid the falafel. I'm not sure exactly what was in it but it definitely was not falafel as I understand it.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a good, value for money place to eat or takeaway. Good food and the portion sizes are healthier than I have had at home. Fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Was recommended this place and ate here twice. Good hearty breakfast to suit all palates. Scrambled egg, bacon and sausage. Some cheese, baked beans, couple of slices of orange and great toast. Service ok, busy atmosphere and good value.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My travelling companion wasn't feeling good and we needed something to eat. The previous day we had noticed Durum and the text 'Take away', so I went there as it was close to where we lived. Two Döner kebab's and two small bottles of wine costed a bit under 5000 ISK.
The possibility to take away wine was nice, since Iceland is (like my home Finland) a country with wine monopoly stores. The kebab's were ok, but I have definately had better...
The staff was kind and the service very fast taken into account there was a lot of take away customers.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Food prices in Iceland are extremely high compared to in the US. When we found Durum, we were relieved to see more reasonable prices. We were even more pleased when we tasted the food. It's very well-seasoned, well-cooked, and has a decent variety. As a vegetarian, I often have difficulty finding variety in restaurants but not at Durum - there were so many vegetarian options that we had to go back twice more for dinner!