“Excellent place to stay in Reykjavik”
Review of Bed and Books

and 1 more site!
Bed and Books
Ranked #27 of 108 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014

- great location
- very friendly host couple
- this is a perfect choice for you if you like about creaky wooden floors and old house atmosphere
- bycycle available and it is nice way to see around Reykjavik
- excellent value for money

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Bed and Books

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at bed and books for 5 nights, topping and tailing our Icelandic adventure. Hugo and Karlotta were so friendly and helpful, really taking the time to make us feel welcome and ensure that we were comfortable. The location is super easy to access the airport and central enough to walk to the city centre (about 20 mins). The rooms are simple and homely, nothing too fancy and just what you need after a full day exploring the natural wonders which are not too far away. Bed and books was recommended to us by some fellow Aussies and we've since passed on that recommendation to others who have also really appreciated the homeliness and chance to meet such a lovely couple.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Honestly wow - I really appreciate how cosy it is and the situation is just ideal to discover Rekjavik !!
My Husband, My son and me just love the place... The owner is really nice and the hospitality is fantastic... no more words, we will be back !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here all 7 nights of our epic trip to Iceland and it was great! Our host, Hugo, is so pleasant and welcoming and accommodating! We were given a spacious twin room that was pretty minimal but had everything that we could need including incredibly comfortable beds! There was a very welcoming feel and I felt more than comfortable to spend the evenings in the living room reading through all their books!

The only downfall of this wonderful B&B for me was the distance to downtown. It is about a 25 min walk or 5 min drive. Despite the longer walk, the neighborhood is adorable and QUIET! The domestic airport is right there however no planes run at night so it's not a problem. There is a beautiful walkway and bike path by the water only 2 mins away.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

That is what my children said after staying there one night feeling at home away from home. The warmth of the cottage looking house and the hosts living there make you feel like you´v always lived there. The aria feels like a country village even though it is only in a walking distance from mid centre Reykjavik. If you go the other direction (south) you are only a few meters away from the sea where a whole adventure awaits the little ones. And so, to the hosts I say a big thank you for being such wonderful people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at Bed & Books for four nights and was very pleased with the value, and especially the welcome and genuine warmth of the host Hugo. I had an 11 year old boy as company and we had a very nice and spacious twin bed room. The room was clean and despite four rooms sharing two bathrooms I didn't find this being a problem as they were clean and of good standard, especially with a super deluxe shower installed downstairs. The house is situated at a 20 minute walk from city centre, which was fairly far for the boy in the evenings, but I am still pleased I chose Hugo and Karlottas place in favour of hotels that were in the same price range but more central. It really felt like we were welcomed guests in their home - as if we were staying with a friend or a relative. Hugo was an excellent host and I especially appreciated when he helped us out when I had confused the times and missed the time for pick-up. Hugo spoke to the organiser and threw himself in his car and gave us a ride to the nearest place for pick-up so we could join the tour! Talk about going the extra mile :) It was a great b&b and really added something (a personal touch in want of a better description) to our visit to Iceland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva N
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were warmly welcomed by Hugo for our 4 night stay at Bed and Books.
The house is situated within a 25 walk of downtown Reykjavik.
We had a lovely twin room.
A nice breakfast was available - a highlight being Hugo's chocolate spread.
The only negative was that the bedroom and bathrooms could have done with a good clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends