“Great stay.”

Reykjavik Residence Suites
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had a great stay in the Reykjavik Residence Suites. We arrived early (8 am) and had two rooms booked. They were able to get us into one of the rooms by 9:30 am. The rooms were big (by European standards) and very comfortable. When I finally got my room, it was really no different. If I had any complaints it was that my in-room safe did not work and some of the light switches did not control any lights (or anything else). However, everything else in the hotel was excellent. The breakfast was huge and the warm bread in the morning was outstanding. This hotels greatest attribute, however, is its employees as each one went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. They set up excursions for us, gave us dinner recommendations and always were friendly. I would definitely stay in this hotel again when I go back to Iceland.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Niko137

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here twice over a seven day period at either end of a recent climbing trip in Iceland. The hotel is perfectly located just a couple of minutes walk from the main shopping / restaurant areas. There is an excellent fine dining Indian restaurant just 100 metres up the road. See reviews for Austur India.

Both suites allocated to me were spotless, very well appointed and the WiFi is fast and included in the room rate. For me, it was ideal to have a well stocked fridge and the ability to enjoy a light breakfast in my room before heading out to explore this fantastic country. The ground floor room opposite the reception desk is particularly spacious and is accessible for wheel chair users but it does suffer a little from the noise from the street during the 'lively' Icelandic weekend.

All the staff I met were friendly, professional and couldn't have been more helpful. They all speak excellent English. This property is managed in partnership with the Residence Hotel at no 45 on the same street. I asked the hotel to arrange transfers to and from the airport which is a little expensive but worked absolutely smoothly and avoids the hassle of waiting for the airport bus and then transferring to local taxi when you arrive in Reykjavik.

All in all, I really enjoyed the facilities provided at the hotel and particularly the friendliness and professionalism of the team. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel but my preference would be for a room on an upper floor. I look forward to a return visit with my partner later in the year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors, facing away from the main street are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beautiful small building in the heart of Reykjavik , great warm and cozy hotel with beautiful and very comfortable rooms and all what you need in the room.
After a week in Iceland staying at what consider to be the best hotel in each area, this hotel is high high above the standards of other hotels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment as my husband and I had been travelling for seven months and were meeting my parents here and staying for a few days.

They organised taxis to and from the airport for us. Delivered more than enough food every morning which was amazing (although it would of been nice to have a little more fruit). The place itself was very nice and homely. We felt very comfortable here.

Amazing location! Lots of little extras like shampoo, conditioner,soap, iron, hair dryer, washing mashing....everything you could need! Even a dish washer! Beds were so so comfortable. The only thing I would say is that we did have a small problem with light coming in through the window above the bed, but we had eye masks with us so wasn't too much of an issue.

Although we had the heating off and it was bitter outside, the apartment was very warm (we even had hue windows open).

Would defiantly recommend and can't wait to come back and stay again! Really loved it here, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Reykjavik suites for 4 nights and it was the perfect base for our time in Iceland. The hotel is nice and centrally located. We had our 8 month old baby with us and it was great to have the clean, carpeted space for him to crawl around on and also to have a separate room to put him down at night and for naps. Although there was about 18 hours of daylight when we were there, the blinds and drapes in the rooms block it out with no problem. The pack and play crib provided by the hotel was clean and safe. The hotel also helped us arrange a babysitter, a local university student who was lovely, responsible, and very good with our son.

There isn't any parking as the reviewers below mentioned, which is a bit of a hassle, but you can either pay for the lot across the street or search around for free public parking, which is what we did.

The noise from the club across the street is significant, as the other reviewers noted. And it definitely goes on until about 4:30/5:00 in the morning on weekends. I would still stay there again and our baby slept through it but light sleepers will likely have a problem with this, so it is worth noting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay523
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a former Government official house. Nicely redone suites. Bathrooms are large with new fixtures. Livingroom is large with bar/kitchen/TV area. Bedroom is very large and comfortable. Staff was very helpful setting up tours, reservations for dinning, directions, etc. All tour operators come to the hotel to pick you up for your adventure. Very clean and inviting.

Room Tip: Street side rooms can be a little noisy. If you have large suitcases you might want lower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The perfect place for our family of four so the kids were able to have their own room. The room had a mini kitchen and refrigerator to store some food (since it can be quite pricey to eat out in Iceland). The room was very modern and the bathroom was HUGE. The beds were very comfortable and the wool blankets were a warm touch. The suites are very close to everything we needed in Reykjavik...the church, shops, restaurants, pubs, the port, etc... We walked everywhere and were not even tired afterwards. We thought it might be loud, since it is across the street from a couple bars, but that was not the case....possibly because we were not there on the weekend. A wonderful place to stay, right in the heart of Reykjavik, especially if you need separate rooms.

The service and staff were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family