“Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Dillon Whiskey Bar

Dillon Whiskey Bar
Ranked #8 of 38 Nightlife in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Whiskey bar with Over 170 whiskeys, live music 3-4 nights a week with no entry fee and the legendary Dj Andrea on weekends! Happy hour every day from 16:00 to 20:00. Big backyard.. Burgers, sandwiches and steaks available from Chuck Norris grill that is in the same building
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stopped in to get a drink on a Friday night around 11. My boyfriend wanted to have a glass of Whiskey and this was the best spot in Reykjavik for it. He went up to the bar while I got us a table by the window. I liked the atmosphere of the bar and I also liked being able to people watch down on the street below. It sounded like a band was warming up to play but we didn't stay long enough to hear them. They did have quite an interesting soundtrack playing in the bar. It was pretty much all over the place, first it was Free Bird, then Elton John, then The Temptations, then Blondie...very interesting lol. There was a nice mix of different kind of people in the bar, all walks of life.

My boyfriend comes back to the table with a pained look on his face. They don't have any whishkey menus near the bar, just a big one on the wall near the door, so he had no idea of any of the prices. He ended up paying about $30 USD for a glass of whiskey from Iceland....yikes. So needless to say we didn't get any more drinks that evening.

It started to get a little rowdy as the night went on so we headed out. When we left there were 2 bouncers set up at the door and people finishing big bottle of alcohol before they were allowed in, so I guess it can get pretty wild at night.

Overall it was a nice bar with a good atmosphere, and average beer prices, but with so many great bars in Reykjavik I probably wouldn't go back to this one.

2  Thank Sara P
There are newer reviews for Dillon Whiskey Bar

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great atmosphere, good happy hour. Cheesy rock music not to my taste, but enjoyed the bar and people.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The beer isn't amazing but it's cheap (especially during happy hour 6pm-8pm) and lively. Be warned however if you're not one for cheesy rock music and rowdy rockers you might be well advised to steer clear. Personally I loved the atmosphere :)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This place is a fun young bar full of locals! Recommend this place very much, nice dark bar to kick bar and relax, prices are typical of Iceland.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A fun little bar to duck in to and grab a quick drink while walking around the city. Like most places in Iceland, the drinks are quite expensive but the bartenders were great and I really enjoyed their drinks.

1  Thank Mhascup