“Lovely meal and great service.”
Review of Le Bistro

Le Bistro
Ranked #51 of 496 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$17 - US$48
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Bistro is a small authentic French bistro and wine bar on Laugavegur, Reykjavik's main shopping street. Serving moderately-priced (for Iceland), classic and contemporary French food along with a great selection of wine and beer. As you step into this casual, lively and bohemic place, the French atmosphere is unavoidable. We serve slow food, with mostly local Icelandic ingredients. This is likely the only the place in the centre with a walk in policy, so you will probably only have to wait a few minutes for a table. Groups of six and more are welcome to book ahead. Bienvenue et bon appetit...
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have had a lovely meal at this restaurant this evening! Staff were all very friendly, food and wine good and a nice way to finish our trip to iceland!

There are newer reviews for Le Bistro

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This restaurant has some of the nicest decor in all of Reykjavik. It is small enough to have that personal feel to it. The whale steak is delicious if you can ignore the overriding feeling of guilt! They had Icelandic Rice Pudding as a special and that was delicious! The staff were very friendly also. Perfect Valentines meal.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Went here last night, the place was packed but not brilliant for the money. Our friend had whale steak which was novel but the chicken was nothing special :( house wine mediocre and beer out of a tin. Staff nice and friendly though which made up for it a little.

AlexRocha, Owner at Le Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers.
I might understand your disappointment regarding prices in Iceland but I don’t quite understand your comments about the drinks. I understand that wine is a bit like colors; it’s all very personal and tastes shouldn’t be discussed. I can guaranty you that our present house wine is a Cotes du Rhone Belleruche from M. Chapoutier. Regarding de beer, your comment is unfounded or misplaced. We have 2 kinds of draft beer and a large choice of Icelandic, French and Belgium beer by bottles. We don’t do tin and never did.
I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly to understand a bit more the nature of your comments, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in Iceland and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hello Dear Readers,
This one is an interesting one at that, sure we have met so many "Bistro" type restaurants and cafe spots but alas this one shows promise.
The owner is a really nice man who shows passion for his occupation and that alone is admirable, I had the pleasure of meeting him and saw the glare in his eyes, I can tell you is going good with such leadership and management.
The place has a cozy atmosphere and very unique and thrilling, whereas the layout of tables and chairs determines the energy the place gives off.
Is quite a charming little bistro with a touch of French good old ingenuity and some western mentality to bring out the "flair" of the view, you won't be bored and you will definitely enjoy the food.
I found quite a few good flavors and some exquisite ones too.
I would definitely recommend it to my friends and loved ones if you want a touch of magical atmosphere and romantic mood while you retreat yourself in the middle of a forgotten Land of Ice and stone, Iceland.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Went here three times during our trip at the beginning of February 2014. The chicken casserole was piping hot and amazing! Hubby had the biggest plate of ribs ever and unlike him couldn't finish them. On one occasion I didn't fancy a full meal so opted for the cheese board which was perfect. With each meal you are given bread with a tartare dip which is delicious and very addictive. The staff were really friendly and helpful and took an interest in our experience of Reykjavik. Will definitely go back again.