“A good breakfast sets you up for the day”

Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked this hotel for a short break in Iceland and were really pleased with the central location and access to the town that it presented. The staff were very friendly and efficient and only too willing to help with any advice or guidance about our stay. The rooms were a good size, very clean,quiet and comfortable. One of the best aspects of the hotel was the 'all you can eat' breakfast which catered for all tastes and kept us going through the day. We ate so well that we did not eat again until the early evening which is a real bonus as meals are generally pretty expensive. I would happily check in there again should I return to iceland.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBlu1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and specially our Super Buffet Breakfast. It is always a pleasure to know when guests enjoy the service. We strive to make each stay as perfect as possible.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had one week stay and after reading most reviews I can't say anything much more than has already been written
Staff were great , breakfast brilliant location couldn't be better.
Yes was a little noisy some nights due to people having a good time. Road was also busy in the evenings
To be picky I think a few pictures in the room would have been a nice touch
All in all I would still recommend this nice Hotel
We hired a car for three days which worked well for us as it enabled us to do all the trips at our own pace and worked out a bit cheaper.
Weather was mixed with too much rain for my liking!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time and post your review.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyd your stay with us and specially the location of the hotel and our Super Buffet Breakfast.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room we stayed in was large and the bathroom was oversized which was nice. You really can't beat the location of this hotel in Reykjavik. The hotel is right by the harbor front and within walking distance of some nice restaurants. The restaurant and bar in the hotel were very good both food and service. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophiemattison

Dear Guest.

Thank you for writing this review.

It is my pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel specially the location and took the opportunity to try our 1919 restaurant and bar.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

1st day, we checked in quite late- after mid-night. There was no one at the reception then we needed to wait (it means anyone can come up to the guest floor - poor security).
In our room, there was a left over food in a fridge and the bath room was not cleaned well (hairs in the tub and the floor). I called the reception about this, all he told me was 'OK, I will tell the cleaning team'. Period.
2nd day, after we came back from the tour, the food was still in the fridge AND there is no towel in the room at all. I called the reception that we don't have ANY towel but they just brought two towels (supposed to be 2 faces and 2 hands more).
3rd day, we wanted to book Blue Lagoon + airport shuttle so we asked the reception to book it for us. He told us to go to the tour office directly 10 min before the departure and we did but they told us that all ticket for Blue Lagoon was sold out.

Crew at the breakfast were great as other Radisson Blue hotels.

All Icelanders we met outside of the hotel was great so I just found this hotel very disappointed.

There were only young people working there so that can be the reason why they are not professional as a hotelier.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Göreme Ascensio... C

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time and post your review.

My apologise that our service was not up to our usuall level during your stay. Please be sure that we have already taken this forward to make sure that this does not happen again.

I am happy to hear that you liked the breakfast and Reykjavik.

Please feel free to contact me if you ever return.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I'll start by saying that the main selling point of this hotel is its location. Really perfect location for sightseeing in Reykjavik. We met a number of tourists who were trekking in from much further afield hotels. On to the hotel, I wasn't a huge fan of the minimalist style. That said, everything was good quality and clean. The room was a little small, but given we spent most of our time outdoors, not a big issue. The strongest point was the exceptional front desk staff. Some of the best I've encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonBlu1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review and stating how exceptional our staff is. I know that they will be very happy to read this.

I see that you where very happy with our location and all the service which is close to the hotel.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We love Radisson Blu hotels, and this one was no exception.

The breakfast was great (included, but may not have been worth it at the pay price), and they even helped us pack some sandwiches for our day tours. Right across the street from the hotdog stand, across from Harpa, a few blocks from one end of the main shopping area, and near one of the only microbreweries.

We had two different rooms while we were there, a smaller top-floor one with angled windows due to the roof, and one on a lower floor that was nearly double the size. Both were nice, with wooden floors and reasonable bathrooms.

Some people commented about the street noise. I don't know if it was the upper floor rooms, the side of the building, or the fact that it was February, but we didn't hear any noise at night.

The front desk was more than helpful, even booking return transportation to the airport for us, so that I would be included in the room bill, and I could get hotel points for the cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you for posting your review.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the selection for our Super Buffet Breakfast and out central location. I will let our team know how happy your where with their service.

Have a great day,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Let me preface this by saying I work for Carlson, but my review is impartial. Loved this hotel. The location is ideal for exploring Reykjavik. Shopping and restaurants are nearby. The hotel is two blocks from Grayline, which offers all kinds of tours. Our room, 403, overlooked the world famous hot dog stand where President Clinton once sampled the local delicacy. Rooms are different, but one flaw in room 403 is there is nowhere to hang a dress or long coat, but the GM was very receptive to the constructive criticism, and I think that problem will be fixed. Food was great, especially the breakfast buffet with its variety of choices. I loved that the hotel plays homage to its past as a shipping company building with its original porthole doors. Rooms were nicely designed with simple clean lines and great amenities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonBlu1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for writing your great review about your stay with us.

It is a joy to see that you had such a great experience with us and had the chance to try our Super Buffet Breakfast and other of our restaurant & lounge offers.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again.

All our best to you and the team at Carlson,