“Welcoming little place”

Baldursbra Guesthouse
Ranked #32 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A continental breakfast is a rare thing in Reykjavik, especially at this price. They provided extra fruit for me, as I'm vegetarian, which is also rare (fruit is all exported so very pricey). The hostess was very helpful arranging transport and day trips on my behalf. Free wifi.

I despair of the reviewer above who complained that there weren't TVs in the rooms.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank djones655321

Reviewed 11 August 2013

A small, cosy guesthouse, run by a friendly French couple.
Location: 8 minutes' walk from the BSI bus terminal, where the airport bus drops you; same distance in the other direction to the centre of town.
Rooms: small but comfortable, well-heated, quiet, pleasant, with bathroom nearby.
Common area: comfortable lounge and breakfast room, small garden.
Breakfast buffet: good coffee, juice, meats and cheeses, skyr, cereals, boiled eggs, choice of bread, jam, etc.
Your hosts are a very friendly and helpful French couple. I've stayed here a couple of times, and it would always be my first choice in Reykjavik.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tnbms162016
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Booked it through hostel.bookers and everything worked out fine. Had a room on the third floor and shared a toilet/shower room which was fine. Hot tub was available whenever our 8 yr old wanted to go in it. Great location for restaurants and tourist attractions. Would recommend for well-behaved families or hikers and trekkers. The owners are very pleasant and kind. PS This used to be the youth hostel and I stayed here in 1986!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ps_pause
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Myself and my sister stayed at Baldursbra in April during a short trip to Iceland. We were taken directly to our accommodation by flybus from the international airport and were warmly greeted by Evelyne at the guesthouse.

Our room was warm and comfortable with a sink and shared bathroom with the room opposite. We both slept very well despite the fact that the guesthouse is on the flight path of the small domestic airport nearby - it doesn't seem to be a busy airport and we were never bothered by the noise.

Breakfast was continental style and adequate for the price of the accommodation. There was always plenty to choose from with fresh tea and coffee available throughout the day - a welcome respite from the cold Icelandic winter wind!

Evelyne and her husband were great hosts and helped book us on trips which picked us up at the front door and then took us home again at the end! They also made sure we saw all the important sights in the city and were always available to answer any questions.

The only negative comment I could make has already been mentioned by someone else but is worth repeating I think. We booked via hostelbookers.com where the guesthouse page for Baldursbra said that travel to and from the airport was free - it isn't. While the flybus from the airport is an excellent service it does cost you so beware when booking that travel will be an added cost.

That aside, Baldursbra is a lovely place to stay on a short trip to Iceland and the hosts are great and extremely welcoming. It us excellent value for money and I would definately stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joey91a
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My room was really big, on the topfloor and I only shared the bathroom with one other guest. For me the atmosphere downstairs was if I was in the private room of the owners, with always the French TV on. It was small and full of all kinds of furniture,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Nelleke D
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Baldursbra guesthouse and it was once again a great stay. I had a room for one which was lovely and clean and a shared bathroom which was equally as clean. Breakfast was great, I love the location it's quiet but so easy and quick to get to downtown. Evelyne and Philippe were great hosts as always, this will always be my first choice to stay in Reykjavik! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank pilch83
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Spacious room, personal attention and a selection cheeses as part of the included breakfast that reveal our hosts' French sensibilities. They loaned me a warm wooly hat, which was invaluable on our adventures. I would recommend this well-located space to anyone who wants to enjoy Reykjavik. Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple