CenterHotel Plaza
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Hilda(Reykjavik)
  • Breakfast included
2,126 results
All reviewsgreat locationsmall squareoverlooking the squarebreadcentral locationsuperior roomhappy hourhot and cold foodnorthern lightsbreakfast roommini barbars and restaurantsblue lagoonreception staffdouble bedbathroom floorbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This review is solely to add photographs of the fire doors on the 4th floor jammed open with a piece of wood. A block was stopping the door from closing for the 3 days we were there at the beginning of February. The adjacent fire break door was permanently fastened back with a piece of wire.
These photographs NEED to be seen by company directors who have money invested in Centerhotels, not just the part time manager.
It is only my opinion but the hole ( seen above the ceiling level ) made to take 1 wire through the fire barrier appears too big and would allow flames to pass through if a fire occurred.
I will gladly remove this review if someone in authority can convince me the remedial work has been carried out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sophien2

Excellent Location
Breakfast was the usual cheese, eggs, bacon cereals etc etc plenty of it and fresh
Rooms warm, clean and comfortable
Staff at desk very efficient but I did not find them to be particularly warm and welcoming.
Speak as you find!

One tip - I booked a transfer back to the airport at the reception desk with the Flybus. I asked the girl at the desk if I should pay her and she said we could pay on the bus.
We were picked up promptly by a small vehicle and taken to a depot a little way outside Reykjavik. The driver of the little bus gave us no instruction on how to proceed, he just let us off and wandered off somewhere - so went to the large bus which was waiting, we asked the driver if we could pay on the bus and he said no, we'd have to go back into the Depot to buy a ticket. So - if you use this method of getting back to the airport without having pre booked do not forget to get a ticket at the Depot before getting onto the main bus!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 78hilary
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great locatoin, and I won't speak for the rooms as we did not stay here - just used their conference rooms - but the lunch food we got served was probably the worst meal I had during my 5 day stay in Iceland. I also thought the hotel looked shabby - but that was mainly the dining room and downstairs hallways.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adele H
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Location is the key for this hotel. It is a convenient walking distance to most attractions, restaurants, and shops. We were especially glad it was so close to the harbor the night we had the Northern Lights by boat tour. Couldn't get back to the warmth of the room fast enough! The staff was very courteous when we arrived and helped us anytime we had questions. Don't expect a lot of free space in the rooms or overly luxurious provisions, but it is definitely clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hbsager
Reviewed 28 March 2014

great hotel. couldn't be more central. Loads of choice for restaurants. Tourist info right next door. Carpets being replaced as we left (so don't let previous reviews put you off). Our room was just fine in terms of size.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple